1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by vette62, Jun 25, 2008.

1. vette62

vette62 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hello all,
    - My name is Skip. I live in California.
    - I recently purchased a used 2005 Toyota Prius and have a couple of questions regarding the interior lighting for areas that are relatively dark when driving at night. There is a light control for adjusting the illumination for the dash and video display
    **1 Are there supposed to be some lights to illuminate the home link buttons located on the rear view mirror?
    **2 Are there supposed to be some light to illuminate the power controls on the doors (ie for the door locks, power window controls, etc.)
    - I checked in the owner's manual and could not find any references for these lights.

2. mirth

mirth New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't have homelink, so can't answer that question.

None of the power controls on the driver's door (or others that I recall seeing) are illuminated.

3. vette62

vette62 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for the quick response. I was kinda afraid someone would say that they are not illuminated. I may have to look into some luminous paint to highlight the buttons so I can see them, however slightly, in the dark of the cabin.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Unfortunately, Toyota does believe in lighting the cabin like an aircraft cockpit. The only illumination you get is the AUTO for the driver's window switch and the buttons on the steering wheel.