1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 vs 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BigD, Aug 9, 2005.

1. BigD

BigD New Member

Ok i decided i want to buy a prius, but how long is it before the two thousand six prius's become available? I actually was wondering this because i figure that the 2005's will drop in value and i will get a much better deal on them. In las vegas the sticker price for a package #3 is 22,800 and #3 #4 and #6 are the only ones available. So i think it will be smarter to wait until the 06's are out and availble to knock off a couple grand from the sticker price. I definately don't want to go out and buy an 05 for regular price if the 06's are coming out very soon and the 05's will drop in value. If anyone has any suggestions or knows when the 06's will hit the market please tell me. Thank you

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Search the forums. This has been extensively discussed.

3. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

Why do you assume the '05 will drop so much in price? There probably will not be that many changes in the '06 and the cars are still in fairly tight supply. As the price of gas continues to go up, and more and more media talk about hybrids the price may not drop at all. Look how much used ones are going for.