1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 w/full chrome logo key

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ernie stires, Oct 27, 2023.

1. Ernie stires

Ernie stires Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The keyless entry works, all buttons work. I tried to program a new key but Techstream gives me a B2695/96 and B1271 dtc’s. As such my one existing key, while it functions as it ought to, cannot be used as a master key, it seems.

The chicken dance also fails as the prius does not see the key in the slot.

Additionally my working key does not function in the slot, yes, I turn the function on under the steering wheel.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Try another slot from another Prius I had one go bad so far All I did was take it out unplug it take another one plug it in while it's dangling the check and see if it magically works which it did then I bolted it to the panel it belongs on and it's been in the car ever since and I have two remotes for this car they both work all functions I have not tried anything in tech s. As far as with the keys go I'm not looking forward to it I'll probably just have my locksmith buddy program one for me on his machine that he does my motorcycle keys with.