1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2005 with 42K

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Roll On, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Roll On

Roll On Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    New to this PC forum and love it already. I'm looking at this 05 with 42K. Asking price is 15k and it seems in excellent shape. Anything things I should be cautious about?
    Thank you for your suggestions.

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I think you'd be better off with a 09 w/72k if you could find one for the same money. O6 was a refresh that gave the Gen II a rear view camera in all models+ I don't know what all else is new in the later models, but I think batteries age whether they are used on not.......so it is your decision and I will admit to bering no "Expert" Good luck.

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Way way to much money for a 2005 no matter how low the miles. You can buy an 09 with same miles close to that all day long.
    Also with that low miles over 8 years means it was hardly used which does not bode well for the Hybrid battery.

But......if your hearts stuck on it spend $100 at the dealer and have them hook the Techstream laptop up to the OBDII and take it for a drive to check the Hybrid battery balance and SOC behavour. I would expect some corrosion on the battery buss bars with that mileage.

Read more about this at lusciousgarage.com.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Not true. I've been in a very stripped down used 08 or 07 that had no backup camera (and no SKS, no aux in jack and the old style graphics on the MFD). My former coworker had bought it. I've posted about it before. 06 was the first year that the backup camera was available though.

See 2G Prius (2004-2009) Standard and Optional Equipment (Some Countries) | PriusChat.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    An elusive Package 1 for fleet sales. Certainly not available for retail sale in NJ.