1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006-7 Prius accessory compatibilities

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jdouge, Nov 20, 2006.

1. jdouge

jdouge Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Eyeballing it, it seems like the 2006 and 2007 (even touring edition) have merely cosmetic external differences (exception: tire and rear spoiler sizes).

This thread -

http://priuschat.com/any-way-to-easily-ext...-07-t26387.html

. . . seems to verify that.

Therefore, external accessories like the mudguards, shark fin antenna, and side mouldings (which I've already ordered . . . gulp :unsure: ) and the bumper protector (which I haven't) should be fully compatible . . . right?

I also assumed that internal stuff like the MFD hood, cargo nets, and front shade would cross over fine. I'm not particularly worried about those.

Finally, (sorry for the questions, first post and all) where can I find a front bra for a 2006 (=2007)? I haven't seen it on any links except the Deland Ebay site, and I'm not into bidding, and the 2006 front bra is one of those items unavailable for "buy it now."

This place has WAY too much helpful information! Thanks for all the advice I've gleaned as a lurker so far.

thanks

doug (slowly improving toward a 50mpg tank)

2. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    You've got it right. The mudguards, shark fin antenna, and side moldings should be the same, there are no changes in those areas of the car from 2004 on. The bumper protector is also the same, but after buying one just to end up throwing it away you might want to save your money on that one. It's just 3M clear bra material with some ugly printing on it. It will tear pretty easily if you end up scraping something on it.

There are no vinyl bras for the 06/07 right now. They added a small chin spoiler that makes the earlier bra a very tight fit. You may look into a 3m clear bra for the front. I added one to my 07 (and had one on my 05), and was very happy with it. No maintenance at all, and virtually invisible. Really good for protection from rocks and gravel.