1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Show

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Jul 21, 2006.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just got this via email:

Included in this show will be the 2006 ECC AFV Show -
    See the poster at the Chicago Area Clean Cities website at www.chicagocleancities.org/PDFs/ElginAFV2006.PDF

We have many sponsors for this show which attracted 2 to 3,000 people last year. And with the changes over last year’s show in place, this event will be even more popular. We’ve added a hybrid test drive section.

SEEKING:
    We are looking for AFVs, hybrids, concept cars, concept engines/propulsion systems, alternative fuels, and experimental engineering ideas and/or prototypes – just about anything to do with getting around in the future and cutting our dependence on foreign oil. We are making this an annual showcase for alt. fuel vehicles, alternative transportation ideas, and everything related.

We are also asking any non-profit org. that wants to exhibit their vehicles, products, or messages to join us as well.

MARKETING:
    We will be marketing primarily to the northwest, north, and west Chgo. Metro areas with secondary publicity coming from the Chicago area TV and Radio stations. Besides paid ads by the college, the attached PDF file will be going out on the back cover of ECC’s Fall Schedule which goes to all residents in District 509. Most of this district is in Kane County with portions in DeKalb, Cook, McHenry, and DuPage. The 360 square mile district serves 300,000 people, 11,000 businesses, four public school districts, and 16 high schools.

We invite you to join us in the unique event if you are able. If you can not, then please pass this message along to whomever you think would be interested.

COSTS:

Booth costs:
    - not-for-profits-FREE
    - companies selling goods or services-$25.00

BENEFITS:
    Benefits to your company or organization – a huge audience of very interested consumers and business people.

Please email or call me as soon as possible and let me know if this works for you and your organization.

Sincerely,
    Rich Hirschberg
    Auto Show Committee Member
    (Cell) 847-347-7171
    (alt.) 847-695-8010
    [email protected]

[/b][/quote]

2. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I will be there, canopy overhead, handouts at the fore.

Wayne

3. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The show was good. This year Rich put the Alternative vehicles out more in the mainstream area. The number of people stopping by was about the same as last year. Met John from the Fox Valley Electric Vehicle Association, a newer Prius owner, who stuck around his car a bit and also talked to people (and learned a lot from me).

Many people were asking about main battery replacement, hearing in the media that the hybrid battery needed to be replaced. Also many were shocked that the MPG can be above the 40's, another media sound bite. A few electric vehicles were present including a Ford Ranger EV and a Solara electric car, as well as a bio-diesel. But Rich lost some of his alternative fuel show cars to the concurrent Energy Fair in Oregon, IL.

And I am happy to see that Jim who I talked to last year at the Elgin car show has just bought a Prius.

All said a good time, but I am still waiting for my Toyota commission check.

Wayne