1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Black #1 - proud new owner!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by pri_emelie, May 22, 2006.

1. pri_emelie

pri_emelie New Member

Date Ordered: April 25, 2006
    Date picked up: May 20, 2006
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Toyota Carlsbad: Carlsbad, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 30-60 days
    Color: Black
    Option Package: #1
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: unsure

This was such an easy process! I went into the dealer on April 25th, and placed a refundable $500 deposit down for a 2006 Black #1. My Salesperson told me that I was the only person who wanted that combination, so my chances might be pretty good at getting one quickly, depending on their allocation.

I sent a follow-up email a week later to check in, and received a phone call almost immediately that my car was coming in the next shipment (within 2-3 weeks).... I got really excited and furiously started lurking around priuschat for research. THANK YOU for all the great info!

After another follow-up email last week (I'm not very good at waiting patiently!), I received a reply that it would be here between May 20-27th.

I got a call on the morning of the 20th that it had arrived early, and I could come get it that afternoon after the dealer prep was finished.

Since I have pre-approved financing, and had already gotten the price in writing, it only took about an hour and 15 minutes to sign the paperwork, go over the car, and drive home!

Now I am the proud new owner, and *maybe* part of the cool chicks with black prius club =P

I highly recommend Toyota Carlsbad - go through their fleet/internet department.

2006 Black #1
    soon to have tinted windows

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations on your new car.

I've had mine for about 4 months now and it coninutes to amaze me. Such a nice ride for the money.

though we all now that the gold color os more Fuel Efficient