1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 ECU programming

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ServoScanMan, Apr 28, 2006.

1. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is a two part question-

I own a 2006 Prius. Has anyone been able to 'hack' into the program for the ECU? IMO, the program could be tuned for my driving style. I only live 10 miles from work and I have yet to see the SOC indicator go green on my car. I have also noticed that when I pull into the parking lot at work, the ENERGY monitor shows the car to be running on battery only but, I hear the ICE running. Should I report this to my dealer?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ServoScanMan @ Apr 28 2006, 08:36 AM) [snapback]246589[/snapback]</div>

No, and as fun and creative as that sounds I think you're best off not wasting time trying to figure it out. It's proprietary info that I'm pretty sure even Ford, GM, and Honda are yet to decifer. Also, the likelyhood that you could improve the algorhythm seems small to none--though I do understand why you'd want to try.

3. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ServoScanMan @ Apr 28 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]246589[/snapback]</div>
    If you modify the program incorrectly, Prius could be driven recklessly.
    Do you think government alows us that?
    I don't think so.
    No. It is not a bug but a specification. :)

The ENERGY monitor only shows the power flow from the ICE.
    It does not show the ICE spinning while warming-up, highway downhill and others where the ICE does not power the vehicle.

Ken@Japan

4. flynlow

flynlow Junior Member

I heard the stock switch wont fit in the empty spot? Where did you order your EV switch from?

Sometimes my ICE is running with the MFD showing running on batt. Most of the time when I have green bars, the ICE is not running, at least not when I'm at parking lot speeds.

Goverment allows us???? :)

5. SaeGai06

SaeGai06 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FlyNLow @ Apr 28 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]247061[/snapback]</div>
    I have a 2006 also and have received my OEM EV switch from Sigma.com I'm just waiting for some here to install first. I can't figure out what wires are what.

If you decide to order from Sigma.com, during checkout there is a comment box for you to specifiy 04-05 prius or 06 prius EV Button.