1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid - Many Exciting Options

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by sdctcher, Apr 22, 2005.

1. sdctcher

sdctcher New Member

The Ordering Guide for the 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid is now available in PDF form (Send me an email if you want a copy). It seems that Ford is listening to us consumers and they have added some serious options for the next model, due for first deliveries around the first of June, 2005.

The Hybrid version of the Escape has most of the features available on the conventional gas Escape but also has some features exclusive to the Hybrid.

There is little change in the base prices. The FWD (Front-Wheel Drive) Version comes in at $26,900.00 and the AWD(All-Wheel Drive) is now $28,525.00.

The prices for the 2005 options are changed some with the 110v Outlet $180, Cargo Cover $75, Rear Floor Mats $25, Safety Package $595, and Leather Group $595.

New for 2006 is another exterior color - Black Clearcoat Metallic (UA), in addition to those that were offered for 2005. The 2005 colors were Dark Shadow Grey, Titanium Green, Red Fire, Silver Metallic, and Black.

The Appearance Package (47C) that was an option in 2005 is still available for 2006. This package offers A-Glass Silver Metallic fascias, body side cladding and wheel lip moldings, and A-Gloss body color door handles and liftgate garnish. A monochromatic look is achieved when Silver Clearcoat Metallic (YN) is ordered with the Appearance Package.

Also available again is the Leather Comfort Group (63G) which includes leather-wrapped steering wheel and leather trimmed seats.

The Safety Package (85S) which offers side air bags is unchanged as an option.

Now for the exciting part. New for 2006 is the Premium Package (18M) which offers the following comforts and luxuries: Monochromatic appearance, premium leather-trimmed seats, heated front seats, heated side view mirrors, reverse sensing system, Hybrid Energy Audio & Navigation System, A/C 110v power outlet, cargo retractable cover and rear floor mats. The price for all of this is $3495.00

The other exciting news is that the moonroof (43M) we have been asking for is now available for the incredible price of $585.00. WOW!

Again in 2006, the Trailer Towing Hitch must be purchased and installed from the after-market (email me for a PDF Guide to the available hitches). Likewise the optional step side bars and the cargo floor hooks.

According to my sources, dealers have been taking orders now for about the last three weeks. My own dealer told me he is well ahead of his volume from last year at this point after three weeks.

I am hoping to be amongst the first to be able to test drive and compare the 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid with my own 2005 soon. Stay tuned !