1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Pricing

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    $21,850 base
    $23,350 nav

CVT is standard, no manual this time.

Specs:
    Electric power steering, front disc/rear drums, P195/65R15 on alloys,
    49/51 EPA rating with a 12.3 gal fuel tank

Exterior:
    Rear spoiler, power mirrors with integrated turn signals, roof mounted antenna

Interior:
    Auto A/C, steering wheel mounted audio controls, cruise, power windows with driver one-touch, power door locks, automatic door locks, security system with trunk release, driver seat height adjustment, map lights, AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA audio with 6 speakers, CD-TEXT and AUX Input, coolant temp gauge, outside temp gauge

Safety:
    ABS w/EBD, BA, dual-stage front airbags, side airbags with OPDS, side curtain airbags, active head restraints, engine immobiliser, DRL

2. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

interesting, even with side airbag package, Prius is only $400 more expensive, and with simply better hybrid system with power power and bigger/better battery...

I am kind of confused that Civic Hybrid is now bigger than before but yet still doesnt match interior volume of Prius or Luggage volume...

nevertheless, interior look is much better than before...

3. natural_tools

natural_tools New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I really thought that, with this update, Honda would at least catch up to the Prius. I'm all for any car that gets this kind of gas mileage, but this still seems like a weaker alternative.

I'll be interested to see what a Corolla can do.

4. tideland_raj

tideland_raj New Member

I like the Honda... at least based on what I've heard/seen. However, to explain the interior size, the Hybrid Civic probably just sits lower, and has a lower center of gravity. Thus, the car has less interior space than the Prius, but handles better on turns and has less wind issues (not that either of those two things ever really diminished the enjoyment of my Prius significantly).

I'm looking to either get a 2nd Prius or the Civic hybrid, and one of my major issues with the Honda is that they still call their hybrid system "IMA"... I like that the Prius is much closer to being an actual electric vehicle (ie, more battery/motor power). Seems "greener" to me.

5. Hornhonker

Hornhonker New Member

Interesting, $400 USD in the States and about 4500 difference CDN dollars Canada :angry:

6. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe the base is a $400 difference, but if you want NAV, there's a much bigger difference there.

If I didn't need the hatchback, I would have strongly considering the HCH.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Your fully loaded 06 with nav, bluetooth, HIDs, leather and backup camera is only Cdn$33k at 1.15%. That's cheaper than my Premium package which is everything else except those mentioned above.

8. Locke01

Locke01 New Member

With NAV, IMO, it seems like a good buy. I wish Toyota had the NAV option as its own spearate. I dont know, maybe it does.

9. Tomel

Tomel New Member

The Civic Hybrid not only is not a hatchback, but you can't fold down the rear seats to carry a longer load (unlike the regular Civic which has fold-down seats). This elimiates the Civic for me.

10. Hornhonker

Hornhonker New Member

CDN PRICING

MSRP

5 Door Liftback

Automatic Transmission

$30,730

Package B

$34,795

Package C

$38,145

Prices subject to change without notice.

Price is based on the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) in Canadian dollars.

A Toyota dealer is free to set its own selling prices for Toyota products and services.

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ooh. not bad.. it went up a bit for Pkg "C"

wait a min, isn't that the 2005 pricing?