1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 iPod and phone questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pgalland, Dec 3, 2005.

1. pgalland

pgalland Junior Member

I'm "on the list" for a 2006 Prius but even my dealer can't tell me when to expect it. I have lots of questions.

1. Verizon is my phone service, and I want to keep it because all of my family members use it. I know its phones are not the best for Bluetooth with Prius. However, I want to buy one. Any recommendations?

2. I heard somewhere the new models will have MP3 audio in jacks for our iPods. True?

3. Are all of the 2006 colors different? I saw a bunch of different color names on a posting.

4. I thought I ordered a specific package and color. I now hear you really just get a place in line to take or leave whatever arrives. Is this true?

Thanks for your help. As you can see, I'll be a Prius newbie.

2. ABC12

ABC12 New Member

Can't answer most of your questions, but I've heard the Motorola e815 is great with the Prius, and quite a few people here seem to be using it.

Being a supporter of the evil Verizon empire (just kidding) you'll have to upload your phone book from another phone, or a PC, or a PDA though... Verizon crippled the transfer of that.

3. pgalland

pgalland Junior Member

4. David

David Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I just traded my 2004 Prius in on a 2006 with premium sound, nav and BT. There is a jack for an iPod but I haven't played with it yet. The really, really great things about the 2006 BT are you can enter names and numbers directly to the Prius' memory or from incoming calls AND much to my joy if I can directly from my Treo 650 the BT instantly connects rather than waiting for about 5 seconds after the person called answers. The car feels more stable on the road and the leather seats are more comfortable.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    gee...too bad you cant take your contacts list off your ipod and transfer it to the phonebook on the Prius.

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    lets give you some answers here:

1. http://priuschat.com/Best-verizon-phones-f...ius-t16804.html

2. The audio jack is a standard mini jack (like the headphone output on your iPod), and is located at the bottom front inside the armrest, right next to a power outlet. You'll need to go to radio shack (or some other store) and get a male to male mini plug so it can be put in both the iPod and the car. You should also know that you can't control the iPod through the car radio this way. You would have to buy and install an aftermarket interface for that (browse this forum, there are several, such as the VAIS SLI and Denison Ice>Link)

3. I believe there are some new colors with the '06, but your dealer should have shown you all the colors available in your area.

4. There are two ways to order from your dealer. Many people want to get a Prius as quickly as possible so they can be sure of getting the tax credit (only the first 60,000 sold in the US get the credit), so they tell the dealer they'll take the first one possible. You can also order a specific package and color, but you may (probably will) have to wait longer for that. When i want to the dealer, i put down two colors i was willing to take, to help increase my chances of getting one sooner. a week and a half later, i was driving my silver #7!

Hope this helps, feel free to post any other questions, and make sure to give the search function a try, more stuff has been discussed on here than any one person could possibly remember!