1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Lexus GS Road Test

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2006 Lexus GS Road Test

"...On another subject, in my experience Lexus' keyless SmartAccess system, which automatically unlocks the car when the driver approaches a specific door and touches a button on the handle, is the best in the industry. It reacts quicker than those which automatically unlock when walking up to the car, because all it takes is resting a hand on the handle to unlock it. The little button on the handle for locking is also extremely handy, as most keyless systems require the fob for locking purposes.

I also really like the round dash-mounted "Start" button used for turning over the engine. Most keyless systems simply leave an ignition-like switch where the key previously would be inserted, that needs to be turned in order to ignite the engine. The start button is much more sophisticated, upping the luxury experience..."

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there a difference between Toyota's Smart Access System and Smart Key System?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As far as I can tell they are identical...again, Prius was the test bed.