1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Metallic Gray Pkg #6 - ordered 8/21/06 Baltimore, MD

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by msmit002, Aug 22, 2006.

1. msmit002

msmit002 Junior Member

Date Ordered: August 21, 2006
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Castle Toyota, Baltimore, MD
    Timeframe given for delivery: ETA 8/30/06
    Color: Metallic Gray
    Option Package: #6 with Preferred Accessory Package
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: As far as I know, this one is coming in for us. :D

I know a week or so isn't a long time. Especially in our area where you can usually pick one right off of the lot... However, this dealer is giving is $1200 off MSRP (and we're not even trading in a vehicle) AND the hubby really wants the Metallic Gray. Soo... They have one allocated on the 8/30 shipment and so we we took it. Since we are pre-approved for financing, they took our pre-approval letter in leiu of a deposit. B)

Now let's see if we're going to experience any monkey business <_<

2. msmit002

msmit002 Junior Member

So, I called up my sales guy just to touch base with him and make sure everything was still a go for the 30th. (Am I sounding like a big pest? Or do car dealers know what kind of #*&@ we put ourselves and our sales people through just to get one of the vehicles?) Really, I wanted to see if we had a full VIN number. That woudl have made me feel loads better.

Heck, I wasn't concerned about waiting for the gray to come into the port. The dealer is only 5 miles from the port! :lol: Well, it appears that the Magnetic Gray beauty (for whatever reason) never made it to their allocation at the port. :( Ordinarily, I would be really upset but I just tried to stay calm while my very nice sales person not only remembered my name, that I was waiting for the Magnetic Gray but even remeberd that the gray was our third choice and in the meantime was in the process of trying to trade one of his current vehicles on his lot for a Seaside #6 with gray interior (our first choice) with another dealer.

:unsure: "Uh, O.K. Whatever you can get. So, uh... when can you get back to me?"
    He says, "Give me three hours."

So, I wait. :mellow: Wish me luck, folks. Worst case scenario, I am waiting a bit longer. Best case is I actually get my car this weekend! B)

3. msmit002

msmit002 Junior Member

Yeeeeeaaaaay! :D

My car is here! My car is here! I get to pick it up T O N I G H T!!!

Wow! So, we have a Barcelona Red, gray interior pkg #6 + Preferred Accessory Package waiting for us to pick up as soon as hubby gets out of work!

Wow, I'm sitting here, looking at a faxed copy of the buyer's order like it's a deed to a $1,000,000 mansion.

I'll post later after we get home and let everyone know how the whole deal goes down. Wow! I haven't owned a red car in so long, this is exciting!

4. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(M Smith @ Aug 25 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]309457[/snapback]</div>

Congratulations!!! :lol:

5. msmit002

msmit002 Junior Member

Thank you!

Yep, it's all mine! O.K... I'll let my hubby drive it sometimes. But we have her home! Got a great deal, no dealer games and overall a good experience.