1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Cheap!, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Hello,
    I want to know what does every input/output on the back of the MFD do? I would love to fill out a list of connectors and then wires on the connectors and finally what each one does even if no wire is currently going to the MFD. I want this list to better understand the MFD. I know the information is out there in different formats but I want a list like this. I can post pictures of the connectors and MFD later.

Is there anyone out there who can, and wants to, help with this? I'll try to start here. Just cut and paste to update the list. Please help if you can. Information should be put under it’s Connector and the each “pin numberâ€/space/â€(Pin name)â€/What it does/ Other technical data if you have it.

Connenctor
    M13(A)¬ Has 26 pins
    Pins
    1 (GND 1) Ground
    2 (ACC)
    3 (+B1)
    4 (TX1+)
    5 (TX1-)
    7 (TC)
    10 (IG)
    17 (DR)
    18 (TX2+)
    19 (TX2-)
    20 (SPD)
    21 (REV)

M14© ----Has 40 pins
    M15(D) Has 6 pins
    Pins
    3 (TX4+)
    6 (TX4-)

M16(E) Has one pin
    1 (GVIF)

Are there any other places for connectors on the back of the MFD?

That is all I have time for today.

2. killian

killian Junior Member

a picture will be worth 1000 words. i'd love to help out. i hope one of those connectors is for a vga or dvi input, which i'll know by seeing it -- i hope.

3. slvr_phoenix

slvr_phoenix Tinker Gnome

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's a cool list and all, but does it come with descriptions? And what about the other pins?

I mean some things are simple like ground. And I'm guessing SPD and REV are 'car is in motion' and 'car is in reverse' indicators. But the TXn+/- sound like communication bus lines. If they are, what do they communicate and what is the protocol? Any of them could range anywhere from an NTSC camera signal to a modem... :(

At least we know from scuttlebutt around here that GVIF is a digital image signal. Hopefully soon we'll even have more info than just this is what it is. :)

The list is a good start, but it'd be nice to have more. I'm never going to be able to integrate a laptop into the MFD without more info. :( I really hope one of these pin sets contains touchscreen location data. Otherwise that's going to be a much more complicated hack. :(

Though it also sounds like a passthrough connector could be an easy way to produce a professional speed and reverse disable switch mod.

And because of pin proximity I'd be willing to bet the TX2 line is just an NTSC camera feed for the reverse cam.

Anyone want to guess if M15 is a mono audio input from the nav? (It's a stretch, I know.)