1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 my

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by puckdrop, Dec 10, 2011.

1. puckdrop

puckdrop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi !

I've been lurking in here for well over a year now, and have finally made the choice to get a prius.

I need cruise, bluetooth would be useful, and satnav/camera would also be useful, although not essential.

So, in the UK, that means getting the 2006 onwards T-Spirit model..

I went to a place this morning, I'd call them "traders" rather than a car garrage - they had prestigious marques around, audi, bmw etc, but frankly looked like boys who were managing dads business, or they'd won the lottery and decided car "trading" would be a good idea. A rough patch of ground, a shed for an office, chuck the keys on the desk, and wait for customers..

The car had checked out ok for accidents / finance on the registers etc.. was listed as a 2006 registration here in the UK, it was a nice red T-Spirit, satnav etc. etc. I got in, did the 12v battery test - ok. It had been stood for a week and was low on fuel "Add fuel NOW!", but fired up on the button.

It was VERY rough on idle ( I could feel the car shaking ). I couldn't move it due to being blocked in. I would confidently say that my 1998 diesel was more refined. Also, it didn't have the reversing camera ( it had beepers ), so I walked away.

Could this car have been a 2005 model, but registered in 2006, do you think ? i wouldn't have thought they'd have stood around for long before first sale ???

Mat.

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have no idea, but you did the right thing by walking away. From what you describe, nothing about the deal felt right, neither the people nor the car.