1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Nav Over ride while in motion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BatteriesIncluded, Aug 2, 2006.

1. BatteriesIncluded

BatteriesIncluded "Look Grandpaw" I'm wearing a hat!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm new to the forum, and was really hoping someone out there might have a solution to the 2006 Prius NAV system as to HOW to over ride the gray out while in motion? I've noticed several topics on other models, but NOT on the 2006 as of yet. Anyone got any ideas or knowledge as to how without purchasing anything or messing up the warrenty? :rolleyes:

2. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome BatteriesIncluded (cool screen name btw). I'm also fairly new (2-3 weeks) on the forum. There's a couple of threads on this, just use the search function and start reading - I've found you can get the answer to most questions we who are new have.
    I couldn't find the exact thread I was looking for to give you (running out of time right now), but the gist is that some PC members came up with workarounds to defeat this feature on some of the earlier models, but one does not yet exist for the '06 (although I imagine work is afoot). Coastal Etech also sells NavPicks, but does not yet have the '06 fix available.
    Someone please correct me if this info is inaccurate.

Guess I did have the time:
    type in: "2006 Nav/BT Fix" at the search page :)

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    As of right now, no software solution has been found. The Coastal Lockpick that's for both NAV and BT may work, but only if it connects to the MFD. I have no proof, just a guess.

There is another solution, but it requires cutting wires. Behind the A/C vent cover to the right of the MFD is two purple wires. The top wire is the speed sensor for the NAV, and the lower is for the BT. You cut them and install a switch on each. Then you (or rather, your passenger) flips the switch off, enters the information, and flips it back on. Some have installed a magnetic switch so by moving a magnet (in one case a Disneyland refrigerator magnet) you can enter information. That's very inconspicuous. I have a 2005, so I didn't cut the upper wire, but I did cut the lower one (for the BT) and installed a push-on/push-off button. You can see what I did here and here.

Take a look at http://www.darelldd.com/ev/prius_speed_wire.htm (scroll to the bottom) to see where the wires are.

4. esskay

esskay Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Aug 2 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]296341[/snapback]</div>
    Now that's a pretty nifty place that you located the button!
    [​IMG]