1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Navigation, MP3 Improvements

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Technogeek, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Technogeek

Technogeek New Member

The Toyota press release from 11/4/2005 mentions an improved navigation system:

"The optional voice-activated DVD GPS navigation system has been improved, offering enhanced map quality, and estimated time of arrival display, and a route tracer function. The system also features a voice recognition search function, which allows entry of a destination through voice recognition while the Prius is being driven. The system can also be set to operate in English, French and Spanish."

I speculate that this may be the same new system in the 2006 Lexus IS250. It has a higher resolution screen (thus not as pixelated), also supports English, French, and Spanish. Here is a picture of the new high-res nav map from the IS250:

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news.cfm/ne.../1/lexus/1.html

Then again it may be the same system as in the 2006 Sienna, which also has MP3 capability. I'm unsure about the 2006 Sienna nav supporting 3 languages though, and I also don't know if the screen is higher res or not.

I'm crossing my fingers for a high-resolution display for 2006 Prius!!

2. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow! That would be fantastic! I was rather unimpressed by the resolution of the original MFD, and enhanced version is what I've been hoping for.

3. Technogeek

Technogeek New Member

Yes, it would be fantastic to have a navigation screen with higher resolution and more colors for 2006. I just read the 2006 Prius Info link on this board and discovered that the nav screen will have 32,000 colors! That is just like the Lexus IS250/350 screen! It looks like a done deal that the 2006 Prius will have the high-res nav screen!

I also like the ability of 2006 Prius Nav to enter a destination while driving, using voice commands!

4. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They are the same res! That's awesome! I can not wait for the 06's! :)

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep, according to the information I've received, it will have the 32,000 color screen and should be extremely similar to the nav system going in the 2006 IS.

Here's the link to 2006 information in case anyone is wondering:

http://priuschat.com/2006_toyota_prius.html

6. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ooooh, I like the look of that Nav screen! Very clean & sharp, and the colors are fantastic. I'm looking forward to the 2006! :)