1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 navigation- override

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by skynsea, Jan 27, 2006.

1. skynsea

skynsea New Member

I have found the instructions for trying to override the navi and can't get it to work. I have tried so many times when I got in my buddy's '05 I was able to do it from memory.

Anyone have a similar experience in an '06 or know the solution?

Thanks in advance-
    Drew

2. Dripps

Dripps New Member

As you've already found out...this procedure doesn't work in 06. There is no known way right now. Can't wait for the wizards of Prius to figure this out!

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I sure hope someone figures it out! That was one thing I was looking forward to being able to do...not that I have the car yet, but very soon! How much you wanna bet it'll be discovered purely by mistake? :)

4. airpolgas

airpolgas New Member

The '06 has been out for more than 3 months. Are the Prius wizards having a hard time with this? Does a solution even exist?

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I sure hope so! I was bummed when it was discovered that the 04-05 Navi override didn't work on the 06's. :(

6. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

Still no solution yet???

This is making me a bit antsy, as I really LOVE using that override in my 05. I will be severely BUMMED if I lose this ability when my new 06 gets here...

:-(

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airpolgas @ Mar 20 2006, 02:08 PM) [snapback]227442[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure it's there somewhere. As for the Prius wizards, the override was discovered on the Lexus site. Is the NAV system the same on the new Lexus? If so, has anybody looked on LexusChat (or whatever it's called)? Is there a repair manual that has the procedure on how to get to the Service Menu?

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to copy/paste my reply to a similar question recently posted at PriusOnline. This is a minimally invasive way to access both NAV and BT on-the-go by installing a pair of switches. It's how us "old timers" did it for almost 2 years before the software override was discovered on the '04/'05.

Ok, here's what you need to know if you're feeling adventurous. I'll just say that this hasn't been tried yet in the '06 to my knowledge, but it's certainly doable.

First, read through this thread completely:
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=456

The easiest solutions that will cause the fewest problems for you are the following:
    Install a pair of small rocker switches attached to the 2 purple wires shown in this picture:

[​IMG]
    then you can turn off the speed sensor wires at will then reactivate them at will.

It's not difficult, all you need to do is cut the 2 purple wires, tap them connect the switches (I'd cut a couple small holes in the vent cover below the vent and leave plenty of extra wire so the dealer doesn't pull it off and tear everything up. A couple small black switches will be pretty inconspicuous and will be easy to reach by you or the passenger.

Drilling, tapping and all you should be able to do this in 30 minutes.