1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 OC Auto Show

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seasidetraveler, Oct 6, 2006.

1. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I drove on down to the "OC Auto Show" today, and had a great time! They were featuring clean-air, nitrogen fueled (fuel cell) vehicles. They even let us drive them! Pretty cool! In the "clean air" area, they had this Prius sitting there.

Lot's of fun!

Unfortunately, not too many people were surrounding the Prius this year, my guess is because half of the so-cal residents already have one! Last year at the LA auto show, they had a really neat Prius display, with an interactive setup- really neat!

I couldn't upload it - so it's the last one at this link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/remaxmanager

2. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks. I think the Fuel Cell was only Thursday so I missed it.

Were they giving away any Hybrid things? One can always hope..

We will try to go on Friday.

3. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Saw it all this morning. I guess people were just waking up because it was pretty quiet. AQMD had a large standoff, and hidden, corner displaying their vehicles including the Energy CS Prius, the NGV Civic (latest body model), the Honda FCX, and some SUV.. :)

There were 3 video-game themed riced cars in one corner (Final Fantasy, Mortal Kombat, something...), and the rest upstairs were just the standard boring exhibition of vehicles. You could get photo-op in a Corvette, Chrysler/Dodge was uninspiring/trucks.

There was a not very standout Acura TL-Type S, you could see the new fancy Saturn Sky (if not already) with its crappy suspension, and a nice race-stripped Subaru WRX in a field of Subarus of very-ugly-front-grills. Suzuki has an interesting 5-door that could compete with the Versa/Fit. Nissan had a rotating center-stage for their silver-pine Altima hybrid with an boiler-plateish "Hybrid" badging (was looking for HSD),

I believe Mitsubishi was missing.

It's nice it's close but the LA Auto Show is still more complete, larger, and better.

4. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, the show was a little dull... Mitsubishi WAS there, but who cares? LOL They did have some sort of concept car- kinda cool lookin'. They didn't even have their new Lancer model! What a waste..

5. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, Jeep was there showing off their new Compass SUV, with it's front wheel drive, so not really a typical Jeep. Also showing their new 4 door Wrangler, so again, not a real Wrangler, what's the point?

Ford REALLY disappointed me. They had their new BIGGER Expedition on a revolving platform, and a woman telling all about it. Meanwhile the Hybrid Escape just sat there, no one caring about it. I guess they just don't get it. Also, they had a PZEV Focus with some decals on it in regards to the mpg's and the ultra low emissions. The re-badges Mazda 6 (Fusion) was there, as well as the re-badged Mazda CX-7 (Edge)- pretty sad they can't even depend on their fleet to raise their sales.

GM was there of course... They spottlighted their new full size truck line up- my friend and I had a field day with them, pulling them apart, all those cheap plastics... and this is supposed to save them? Luckily most people don't tug on the dash hahahaha....

6. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What you are also telling me - no free Prius hat? boo...