1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 OEM replacement rim

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Random, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Random

Random New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I need to find an exact match factory/oem replacement rim for my 2006 Prius. I bought new tires last spring, drove several months and hit a pothole, blew the right front tire (Pirrelli - not cheapies!) so went back to store. Luckily I bought the road hazzard insurance so paid $16 and got a new tire :D. Another month passed and I couldn't believe it when I hit a pipe that fell off a truck, had a blowout same wheel. Went back to store, paid about $30 this time, bad luck but glad I had the insurance :D. The next day going to work the tire went flat, had to drive about quarter of a mile to get off freeway (or die, so drove on flat). Back to store, no charge this time :D. Now it's about 4 months later and I washed my Prius since it hit 70 degrees on Sunday. I noticed my "problem" wheel did not match my other three :eek:. I shouted a few expletives :mad: and figured the tire store somehow mixed my wheel up with some other wheel, or broke my rim (more likely) and did the old switch-a-roo thinking I wouldn't notice. Well I didn't for a while and it looks close to the original. If I go back to the store, I'm thinking they'll just blow me off, tell me I'm crazy and throw me out of the store (it's Mr Tire, by the way). :focus:So, I'm going to replace this phony rim (which actually may be a nicer rim than the original but does not match) with a matching OEM rim if possible. I don't want to go to Toyota if I can avoid it, but maybe I should and send Mr Tire the bill. Where can I buy a new 5-lug, 5 spoke rim for a 2006 Prius that will match? Sorry for the long post and thanks for any suggestions.