1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 owners in Japan, Europe or Australia needed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by darelldd, Feb 14, 2006.

1. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    A few of us are struggling to find a certain part number to complete the factory EV button conversion for the 2006 Prius. We need the PN for the connector on the back of the button. In the JDM vehicles, that particular connector only comes as part of a huge, expensive wiring harness. But that plastic connector also has its own part number (at least it was that way for 2004-2005) and the connector is used somewhere else in the vehicle. We're looking for somebody who'd like to help us poor NA drivers!

All that's needed (if you'd like to accept the mission) is to pop out your factory EV button from the dash, and find the Part Number on the plastic wire connector that snaps onto the back of the switch. The previous models had the part number molded into that piece. So far, the dealer parts departments in the countries where the EV switch is standard, have been of little or no help. Nobody can be bothered to look at an actual vehicle.

If anybody can help, it would make lots of us American Prius drivers very happy!

Thanks!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    By Canada, I assume you mean Europe? We don't have the EV button either. It's Europe that has it.

3. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, by Canada, I actually meant Canada. I guess I didn't get the right info though! That should open up our audience a bit bigger!

Subject line changed to swap in Europe for Canada. I guess NA really means NA...

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hehehe.

Hmm... so you're saying the 06 EV switch doesn't have the part that the 04/05 switch has?

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That is correct. The switch itself is a different size and sold seperately from the electronic housing that plugs into the back of it.

The '04 - '05 button assembly is well documented but since we poor Americans (Canada included) don't have the parts, we have to ask an overseas member to look at theirs so we know what parts to order.

6. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. That extra housing would be very nice for a clean install. Would also like the part number for the auto park button for a 2006 but I have a separate post for that one. I even have a finders fee for the first person to post the part number of the auto park button. I might offer a finders fee for the EV housing if no one finds one soon. :)

7. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Where'd all our international drivers go?? :)