1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Owners with Leather

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by augustson, Feb 9, 2006.

1. augustson

augustson New Member

My dealer recently had leather installed in my 2006 Prius at the spots the leave off at port (the armrests and center console). The color looks great... however...

The leather doesn't seem to line up flush with the plastic. I'm going to try and post a few pics to show what I'm talking about...

But if you have leather in your 2006, please let me know if it looks like mine!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Your pictures scared me - could I have overlooked such a difference? I just ran out to the parking lot and looked in my car - PHEW! Mine line up perfectly. Somethings wrong with the way they did yours. Sorry! :(

(Classic Silver '06 package 8 with grey leather interior)

3. Dripps

Dripps New Member

Fortunately my leather doesn't look like that. I took some pictures which didn't come out so great, but I'll post them so you can have an idea. This is the armrest, right?

4. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My factory-installed leather is fine. My understanding from other messages is there is a difference between the port-installed leather that is done by the SE region and the Package #8 factory installed leather.

5. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Relax and Enjoy Your Prius

If you have to look that close to find an imperfection, you'll never enjoy any car!

jsf - The SE Region does not include leather armrests with Port Installed leather seats; you don't get the leather steering wheel either. You pay more for SE Region after-market leather, but get much less than the factory leather package.

6. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine lines up too... but your leather may be thicker...

but do a test and see if anybody else notices anything bad or strange... if not.... its just you... don't worry about it.

7. MyPria

MyPria New Member

That would drive me crazy. Have you talked to your dealer about it? Maybe it can be redone or corrected.

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I didn't look at that right the first time.. I see now.. its offline and out of line... but whats funny is its on both sides?... looks like they left some padding out or something?...does it feel soft and plush like something you would want to rest your arm on for 400 miles?

If not.. take it back and demand they fix it right.

that leather has heavy grain.... it may be cheaper stuff... I usually think of finer leather as more tight and supple.

9. augustson

augustson New Member

I wanted to update this by asking anyone with leather armrests to post a picture, PLEASE! (Thanks Dripps for your post).

I'm in the process of having my dealer's leather installer fix this issue and I would love to be armed with as many photos as possible!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Here you go!

11. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    That was right neighborly of you Windstrings.

12. brasche

brasche Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Makes me glad I flew up to Indiana to get my factory leather OP8 and drove back to Orlando, FL.

White/Tan factory leather OP8

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What chu tawkin about Willis? :D

14. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i completely disagree. you don't have to look closely to find an imperfection. I don't even have to click on the thumbnails to see that the armrests have gone horribly wrong. a car, esp. a prius, is an expensive purchase and that kind of installation is completely unacceptable. the first picture upon closer inspection shows a two to three mm gap with a visable scratch!

you'd think that in 2006, you'd have people with enough morals to do a job correctly than to leave you hanging and charge you money for it

i wonder if its quite possible that they either used the wrong car's armrests.. or they switched them and the right armrest is on the left side