1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Package 2 - no air bags??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kente777, Dec 13, 2005.

1. kente777

kente777 New Member

I went to the home page and out of all the packages for the 2006 Prius, air bags are not listed for package 2. Is this a typo or is this package absent of air bags?

thanks.

Ken

2. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Front air bags are standard... the side curtain airbags are optional and aren't available on package #2. I believe they start on package #3.

3. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Personally, I would never buy a new car without side curtain airbags. The extra $1000 now is worth the potential life saving.

4. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I am getting package #2 which does not have the extra airbags.
    The next higher package available in my region (mid-Atlantic) is #6.
    I can't afford an extra $3000 for extra airbags. :(

5. notsure

notsure New Member

I work in a trauma center, you should do whatever you need to do to get the extra air bags, the damage people substain in accidents is horrible.

6. BertinNC

BertinNC New Member

Kiloran,

I was in the same situation as you. I wanted package 4, but the Central Atlantic Toyota region was only getting 2, 6, 7, and 8. I felt as light and these cars are I wanted to make sure I had at least curtain side airbags and also wanted the vehicle stability control for wet winding roads so I went to a Southeastern Toyota region dealer. Bones Toyota (Jay Conner, Sales Mgr.) in Roanoke Rapids, NC. It is right over the VA state line and right off of I-95. (Straight shot from Philly) It's a few hours drive but I thought the extra hours was worth the safety and to get what I really wanted without spending all the extra $2000 to get stuff I don't need or would never use. If you give them a call, tell them Bert sent you.

7. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I negotiated $500 off my MSRP for January delivery back in August.
    It'd be too difficult to walk away from that and go onto a waiting list.
    I tried to get my dealer to work a dealer trade with another region but, given the current supply situation you can see why that was not successful.
    I can live without package #4 even though I would prefer it to #2.
    Thanks

8. BertinNC

BertinNC New Member

I had the same offer from a CAT dealer at $500 below MSRP but it before knowing what CAT was going to get and ended up on a #2 or #6 but not on a package #4 as with you. Bones Toyota would not go below MSRP but is selling me at MSRP and are throwing in Rear Bumper Protector and Splashguards for free. I thought the extra $500 minus the free stuff was worth get what I wanted. BUT I don't know what the wait might be for someone new now, but still may be worth a small phone call. Dealers in NC might not have the demand or backlog a Philly or DC dealer may have. But I do understand having to wait more now might not be worth it.

My car was just delivered and is on their lot and just wanting for 1/2/06 to roll around. Also heard that delivery is backed up on even those ordered. Good luck!