1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Package 9 -- YES, I SAID 9

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by penguinsfan, Dec 2, 2005.

1. penguinsfan

penguinsfan New Member

It appears as though there will be a package 9 -- yes, as in NINE -- this year. Go to http://www.toyota.com/prius and click on "eBrochure". After entering your zip code, you'll get a 13 page PDF brochure. On page 2, where it displays the exterior color choices, it has a big picture of an '06 Prius in "millenium silver metallic". The caption for the picture reads: "Prius in Millenium Silver Metallic with available Package #9." Yes, it says 9!!

Also, if you look on page 11, which describes interior accessories, it states that XM satellite radio will be available as a dealer-installed option in March 2006.

So, I'm wondering if the XM Prius will be called Package 9? Or -- drumroll please -- will Package 9 be the "Prius tech edition" that just came out in Europe and comes complete with EV mode and intelligent parking assist? Oh, wouldn't THAT be worth waiting for!?!?!

P.S. -- I downloaded my PDF brochure using 15203 as the zip code, so if your PDF brochure comes up different, try my zip code.

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Millenium silver car shown is not an '06 model, even though the title above it says 2006.
    I think that pic is left over from the old e brochure as well as the old package designation.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah...Millenium Silver Metallic is not a color choice available in the 2006 Prius. The new silver choice is Classic Silver Metallic now (there's supposed to be some sort of difference between the shades). Perhaps the picture is of a 2004 MSM?? I know the 2004's had up to 9 packages available. I believe the 2005's had 6 packages available...both 2004-05 had MSM as a color choice.

4. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

If you look up the post about the "eBrochure/Download Here" I put a reply there as well about this exact topic.

That's not a 2006 that you're looking at.

There are lots of mistakes between both the ebrochue and the Toyota website.

Notice on the Toyota website also that the "360 Views" still shows a 2005 interior as well.