1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by prius2006rocks, Nov 5, 2005.

1. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I live in Northern CA. (Fresno) I want a fully loaded 2006 Prius. From what I have seen so far: $21,725 MSRP + $6,890 Highest Package With Leather #8 + $540 Desination Charge = $29,155.

Like I said before, with what I have seen I expect that to be the price. What would other charges be? (aside from possible mark ups by some dealers) such as taxes, registration, etc? And can you give me amounts? (I know accessories, extended warranties, etc. would be more as well) I know it's hard to estimate the exact price right now but I just would like a general idea before I go on the waiting list.

Thanks a lot! This site is great! :)

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Dealer document fee:
    Usually consisting of a combination of:
    Passenger Vehicle Registration
    Certificate of Title
    Transfer of Registration (Plate Transfer Fee)
    Original Title Issuance
    Record a Lien
    Electronic Filing

AND some official sounding fee which is straight dealer profit.

All but the last one listed are state fees and depending on your circumstances may not all apply.
    (ie. Record a lien should not apply if paying cash, transfer of plates should be less expensive than registration, etc.)
    The dealer may also add profit to each item.

Check with your state DMV to find out what the state charges for these and possibly other fees and find out what your dealer is charging for document fees.
    The difference in price is dealer profit but they won't like admitting it.

http://priuschat.com/2005-Model-Year-Prius...tor-t12132.html

3. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In California, the "Documentation Fee" that is just dealer profit is limited to either $40 or $45. I have never been able to get them to waive it since the state legislated the maximum they can charge for it.

4. brokenheart

brokenheart New Member

they will want you to get the 7 years, 100K miles coverage which is around $1700.

I took the deal because I was worry about the GPS and other electrical problems.

Not sure that was a wise decision.