1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius and Ipod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bizpm, Nov 11, 2007.

1. bizpm

bizpm Junior Member

I have a 2006 Prius with option package 1. This means no fancy anything, just airbags. Everything I read says that the 2006 has a jack in the center console. I don't. I'm sure of it. I just have an power outlet there. I would love to be able to direct wire my ipod to my stereo. How do I do this?

Thanks,
    Biz

2. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bizpm @ Nov 11 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]537949[/snapback]</div>
    The Dice unit is connected to the back of the stereo, and is a better option than the generic MP3 jack that many new cars are coming with these days. It's better primarily because it connects to the port on the bottom of the iPod so it gets charged at the same time that it's in use. Buy a Dice and install it. It involves going through the glove box and you have to remove the panel next to the glove box to get at the CD changer outlet in the back of the stereo but it's worth the effort. Of course, this presumes that the package 1 comes with a stereo that can accommodate the Dice. That, I can't tell you.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    But I can! It will work with any stereo.