1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Definitely a Quieter Car than the 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vincent, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I mentioned in an earlier topic that I'm coming off a 4-month 2005 Package 2 Prius TRAC rental while I was waiting for my 2006 Package 8 to arrive (on 1/7/06). I picked up the TRAC car in September with 12 miles on the Odo and turned it in with 6,900 miles; what a Great demo drive.

My major observations of 2005 and 2006 differences have mostly been accurately reported by others, so I'm not going to go there. However since I'm one of the few that came directly from a new 05 into a new 06, I want to stress the difference in ride and quietness. There was a mention in the Press Release of suspension and "harshness" improvements in the 06. If I gave the 05 a 5/10 on ride and quiet, the 06 is a definite 8/10. I'm probably still going to put the Goodyear Comfortread's on, but it will be because I want added handling and quiet on my 06, instead of out of necessity based on my 05 experience.

OK, I do have a few other observations.The JBL is Great. The Dark Gray leather and rugs have a very luxurious look and feel; same for the Dark Gray Port leather. I've had factory backup cameras in my last 2 cars and the Prius camera is the best. I'm glad I went for the Package 8 bucks. Does anybody want my trim rings.

2. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Had 8,000 miles on my comfortred tires on my 05 when i traded to my 06 pkg 4.Had
    the dealer changer the rubber to my new one.rather have comfortread's with 8000 miles than the orig tires with no miles.
    They couldnt swap rims as the new on has tire sensors in them.I feel more pep,less noise and tighter suspension on the 06.Gas milage went up on the new one compaired to
    the 05 after the computer upgrade.people can talk all they want about the weather having something to do with my loss of milage after the upgrade but i owned it since jan 05 and went from 54 on the road to 48 on same trip and weather as this same time last yr. my local driving was short 5 to 10 min drives (retired and to lazy to walk] and prior to the trade got 37.same weather,same trips getting 42.
    I back up all i can ,love the backup camera........................

3. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is wonderful news. I hope there really was sound proofing and ride handling added. :) Thanks for sharing!

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That is great news, and it was a great opportunity for you to be able to 'test drive' a Prius for so long before your brand new one came in. Thanks so much for sharing!! Looking forward to experiencing this for myself soon...