1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius DTC 2167 Inside Temperature of ID3 Tire

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by okiedokie, Oct 18, 2017.

1. okiedokie

okiedokie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My 2006 is recently showing the tire pressure warning light ON all the time. Using the TS software and the mini-vci I found the code C2167 Malfunction of Inside Temperature of ID3 Tire. Tried resetting the tire pressure warning system, but it keeps coming back. Which ID number is associated with which tire? How to clear this? Interestingly, ID4 and ID5 show N/A as their pressures, but no DTC code for that!

2. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    "The estimated life expectancy of an OE TPMS sensor is 5 to 12 years, with the average lifespan being 7 years." from TPMS Sensor Batteries, Life Expectancy, and Replacement | TPMSDirect

Time to replace.

ID4 & 5 are dead, thus the lack of any PSI reading.

Shop around for your options. Toyota part number 42607-33011
    $57.34/ea Toyota TPMS Sensor - Guaranteed Genuine from ToyotaPartsDeal.com
    $58.29/ea 2007 Toyota Prius Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping
    $59.60/ea TPMS Sensor - Toyota (42607-33011)

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not sure about Gen 2, but my Gen 3 came with only four sensors (no sensor in the spare), so in that case it's normal for ID 5 to be unused. ID 4 does sound dead.

When I first got the car and didn't know which ID was at which corner, I just let different amounts of air out of three tires, watched the TPMS Live Data in Techstream to see which was which, then made notes in a file for which ID was at which corner. (Edit: then pumped the tires back up.) Now when I rotate tires, I just move the IDs around the same way in the file.

... also provides an easy way, in case I delegate rotating the tires, to make sure it really happened. (Making subtle chalk marks on the tires can work for that too, but some shops know the trick and wipe them off, I've heard.)

-Chap

4. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Time for new TPMS sensors :(

The good news is that they have come WAY down in price since these cars were new :)