1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius only goes into neutral

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Joaquin, May 2, 2022.

1. Joaquin

Joaquin New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My car is behaving exactly like this:

Dashboard lights up and it'll only go into neutral. However, on rare occasion, check engine light disappears, engine engages, and I am able drive it. But as soon as I turn it off, it does the same thing.

The codes I get is as follows.

P0A09
    P3000
    P0A0D
    P0AFA
    C1259
    C1310

I've replaced the 12V batter, Hybrid is about 3 years old (40K miles), Redy does not go into "Ready" - it flickers and does not go in. Hybrid fuse is "OK". And as mentioned, on occasion, it does engage the motor and even though the dashboard light stays on, I am able to drive it.

Let me know if you have any ideas. I'm really trying to avoid taking it to the dealer. I just don't trust them. I trust mom and pop mechanics more than I trust the dealer. But most mom and pop's don't know how to work with hybrid systems.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The P0A0D code is a very familiar one around here. Means somebody had the safety interlock plug out of the traction battery, and didn't put it all the way back in with the handle slid home.

Makes the car do exactly what you'd want it to do with the HV safety interlock out.