1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius!Package#3 In Ct.

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by stanleyjohn, May 21, 2006.

1. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Date Ordered: 5/13/06
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Lorensen Toyota/Scion,Old Saybrook,Ct
    Timeframe given for delivery: 1 to 2 Months
    Color: Metalic Silver
    Option Package: #3
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Told me around 10

Nice site here!Lots of good info.Gave $1000 deposit with a trade in on a 2002 echo(will miss that car).Always had my eye on the prius,but wanted to wait for more details on its reliablelity and maintenance cost.Now im ready!Just hoping wait wont be toooo long.Will be interesting if they have exactly what i wanted when they get to my name! Im a bit flexable on the colors and may go up a package or two if it will speed up getting the car.Id be interested in knowing if there are any other Ct prius buyers out their and how long it took them to get their car.

2. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ May 21 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]258897[/snapback]</div>
    Hello Neighbor :) ,

I ordered my current Prius last year at very end of April and took delivery on September 10. Since the waitlists were much longer at the time (I was quoted anywhere between 3 to 8 months), I multi-listed with 3 dealerships that all were charging MSRP (2 with fully-refundable deposits one $500 and one $300 and one with no deposit) and simply went with the one that first came in, which happened to be Stephen's AutoMall in Bristol. At the time, Lorensen was charging a premium over list price, so, they were immediately dropped from consideration, as were Girard Toyota in New London, Charles Toyota in Norwich and Toyota of Wallingford. Although Hartford Toyota was charging only MSRP, they insisted on a non-refundable deposit, so they were also dropped from consideration.

Since I'm buying again (see siggy), I did happen to call Lorensen and discovered that they are no longer charging premiums, but just flat MSRP. I've also contacted Stephen's again and also Toyota of Colchester so far, both charging only MSRP. The 1-2 months that Lorensen is quoting you appears to be a common waittime for Connecticut at this point. Since I've already got one, I'm not in a grand rush, as long as I take delivery prior to September 30 in order to take full advantage of the federal tax credit.

Lucky you too for living in CT where we don't have to pay sales tax on new hybrids!

3. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Crossing my fingers! Just called the dealer,says one prius coming his way monday.Think im next in line!says to call monday on what package hes getting.I know its only been alittle less that a month,but im tempted to take what ever package comes in.It seems hes only getting 1 or a few at best each month.It isnt a real big dealership i guess.Hopeing for a 3 to 5 package.I can afford up to an 8,but will be a tight squeeze on my $$$.One thing going for me is in ct no sales tax on hybrids 40+mpg.Boy!! I sure wish buying a prius wasnt so much like a grab bag!(not knowing what to expect!)

4. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 2 2006, 05:00 PM) [snapback]264839[/snapback]</div>
    Like most of the Toyota dealers around here, Lorensen is a small dealer. For high volume, you have to go to a fleet dealer like Stephens AutoMall. They do all over-estimate the time that it will take to cover themselves some and the variablity of what the Toyota region sends them. I did get a full month's notice that my exact spec was coming in last year, that it had just been made and was on the ship.

The sales tax exemption here in CT is sweet and I'm taking full advantage again by buying a 2006. That's a cool $1,500 savings on a $25,000 car! Combine that with $3,150 federal tax credit and what you save on gas. My gas savings alone is paying half the car payment. Woohoo!

If you have time, you have much more control over what you get. I passed up a Silver #6 2 months before I got mine and have never regretted waiting a little longer to get exactly what I wanted. Also, you still might consider multi-listing at dealerships that do fully refundable deposits. I even told each dealer that I multi-listed with that I was doing that, so they knew they had competition on getting me mine as soon as possible. The practice does help to over-inflate the dealer's waitlists so, again, whatever they are quoting may be longer just to cover these variables and it will be shorter as people drop off the list.

I even have the car serviced at one of the dealers I multi-listed with, but got the car from a different dealer. They were perfectly fine about it and now they've getting a second chance on getting me my 2006.

Here's hoping you get exactly the one you want!

5. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well! had a bad day! I called my salesman today! after friday telling me i had a good chance of getting a prius on monday.He did some poor sales talk.He told me that the car that came in went to the general managers relative.I was pissed! I said What!! Was this person on the list! he didnt know!I never really knew where on the list i was,but he once said <than 10 more like 5.I finnally got him to tell me where i was on it and it was around 13.That was it!! I had nooo trust at all in him.Just telling me what i want to hear without any truth! I asked for my 1k deposit back,should me in the mail in a few days.After cooling off! Went to middletown toyota after work.I should of went there in the first place,got my echo there with great service.Its a long story why i didnt go there in the first place.Well salesman was verrry nice and answered all i wanted to know,without balony chit chat.Im 13 on the list they get 4 to 5 amonth and i would get in about 2 months.maybe sooner since i was very flexible.Packages being delivered are 3,5,7 and 8.Not fussy on colors,except maybe black abd white.I said id take any of the packages starting with 3 first thru 5,7,8 Hope it works out this time.I was only with other dealer about 3 weeks,but felt verry unconfortable with them.

6. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 5 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]266271[/snapback]</div>
    Well, 3 weeks lost is better than three months lost. What did Middletown ask for a deposit? It's refundable too, I hope. I did stop by there early in the game last year but they wanted a $1000 refundable. Since I was able to put down a couple deposits at $300 each and one required no deposit, that's the route I went and didn't happen to go back to Middletown, but they were certainly nice enough. Good luck!

7. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks again for your good support David.Deposit standard is 1000 refundable!But dealer was willing to take what i could afford!Gave him $500 with no problems.Also got a better trade in value at middletown.

8. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 6 2006, 05:10 AM) [snapback]266559[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, so the 3 weeks "lost" wasn't for nothing afterall!

9. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got lucky today! :D Did some shopping after work and for the hell of it i stopped at wallingford toyota in the area.Saw two no.7 packages on the lot.One said sold! other no sold sign.Found a sales man and he thought sold!but gm then said it was availible,person who was to buy had money problems.It just arrived that day!what luck.I got a higher trade in value also,than the other dealship i was on the waiting list with.The only headach so far is about $700 extra for some dealership extras! they included scotch gaurd,some raceing stripe decals? and something for the windows! not to sure what that is!maybe some kind of tinting.I ask if i had to got those options,and he said yes! or someone else would take!which is properly true.They also say free oil changes,tires,carwashes and loners.Hope i did the right thing! But i sure love the car.Will be ready for me tommorrow.

Package #7 Driftwood Pearl

10. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 16 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]272505[/snapback]</div>
    Wow! Congratulations Stan! And a #7!!! You're gonna love the navigation! I wouldn't worry too much about the $700 in extras. Perhaps the window thing is where they micro-etch the VIN number into each window, which isn't such a bad thing. Not sure I'd want racing stripe decals, but I'm sure they could always be removed, but maybe they'll look cool. Nice color too. Much more interesting than the Silver. I would have considered it but ruled it out because of the light color interior.

Wallingford was another that I ruled out last year because they were charging premiums like Lorensen. Glad to see these dealers have wised up some.

So, when do you take delivery?

11. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    David!
    If i can get hold of my insurance co. tommorrow mourning ill get the car then.Hope no last min problems.Ill let u know how it works out,will get a pic soon after.Dont know if u have had any calls yet on your new prius order,but hope its going well. Stan

12. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 16 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]272538[/snapback]</div>
    No, nothing yet. I need to call them to check in. Colchester is a particularly small operation, but I like dealing with them and would have liked to get my current one through them. One month into the estimated 3 month wait now. But it's really different from my wait last year since I'm already driving a Prius now. This time last year it was driving me crazy!

13. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well!! I picked up my new 2006 Prius(Driftwood Pearl#7) yesterday :) .Had a few miner problems like missing the carpet mats and using dealer plates.Dealer option package that i had to get!(pinstripes,scotchguard and window glazing will be done next week.ill get my regular plates and mats then.For now im using the mats from the echo i traded in.The car is a dream!Love it.played around with the bluetooth and nav.It will take some time to get to know what everything does.Finance guy wasnt pushy at all on selling me the extras.He just told me about them,like lojack and gave the prices.The extended warrenty was about $1200 which is cheaper than some others ive seem offered by other dealers.I never buy them anyway.Better for me to set up a rainyday fund for the car,make the interest and hopefully never need to use it.To David and others!! I can see why you are so happy with your cars and its well worth any wait.ill post some pictures soon.Take care all!!PS ill also show some mpg numbers when i figure out the system :lol:

14. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You can get the Toyota extended warranty through this site for $990. Look near the top of the screen, the big blue bar that says PRIUSCHAT.COM. Look at the smaller blue bar within that and click on Prius Accessories, then Discounted Extended Warranty.

Congratulations on your new Prius from a newbie owner in the Tri-State area - I'm in New Jersey and have a 2006 Super White #5 with lots of accessories.

I got the side moldings and rear bumper protector - had them installed at a local auto body shop for $60 because I'm a klutz - through www.metrotpn.com, got my seats upgraded to leather with Katzkin leather seats - see www.katzkin.com for their options and to search for local installers. (My dealer charged 995, using a 3rd party installer. I just asked for 'gray' and am happy with it, but if I'd known there were so many color choices, I might have asked for two toned gray - there are at least 10 shades of gray to choose from!) I got a 'sunshade' for my MFD (cuts down on glare) from www.priushoods.com. And just got the Weathertech window deflectors (they keep rain from dripping into your Prius if you like to drive with the windows partly open or if you need to open the window to pay a toll, etc.) through www.sigmaautomotive.com - I got the dark ones and installed the front window ones last night. Oh - almost forgot - also got the Toyota all weather mats through Metrotpn - but I haven't even opened the box yet because it's summer, not winter. All 3 of the internet stores I used shipped very quickly. In fact, I had my mouldings earlier than I anticipated, because Metrotpn custom paints the mouldings in Toyota paint colors, so they say it might take them 3-4 days to ship them. I guess they just happened to have Super White in stock, because I got them and all the other things I ordered from them (saved on overall shipping charges that way) in 2 days.

The moldings and rear bumper protector are "must haves' - prevents door dings in parking lots and protects the rear bumper when you need to rest packages on them while you open or close the rear hatch. And the window deflectors are a 'must' for me - I love to keep the windows partly opened, and my old car was a convertible and dripped all over my left thigh when there was rain, and something like these deflectors wasn't available.

Have fun! I love my Prius, which is why I keep buying little 'treats' for her!

15. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 18 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]272995[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah Stan! Welcome to the club!

I never bother with extended warranties either. And if you ever do decide you want one, there's absolutely no need to buy one immediately. You can wait as long as you are still within the 3 year/36,000 mile maunfacturer's warranty.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Take your time getting used to all the Nav screens and other features of the car. Enjoy some of those little "corrections" and improvements in the systems over the 2005 that I'm still looking forward to getting myself like the higher resolution MFD, manual entry of telephone book (especially if you have Verizon like I do which makes upload virtually impossible), voice dial while driving and voice entry of destination address.

I really don't think you are going to regret having stepped up to the Nav system. I consider a serious efficiency feature of the car itself. When setting a destination and you are not in a rush to get there, use the "Short" route option. I've discovered some beautiful roads in the area that I've never been on before even having lived in the area all my life. In addition to finding the shortest mileage route, you will be using mostly secondary roads and therefore traveling slower which will increase your fuel economy.

Consider getting some of the available mod kits from www.coastaletech.com. Just last week I placed an order in anticipation of getting my new 2006: mudflaps, EV mode, auto door locks and power outlet modification. They have a reputation for being slow and that's why I ordered now, but I've already received the package of goodies. I have all of these on the 2005 and I would miss them on the new one. Also have the Nav/Bluetooth override, but that is not available on the 2006, but I'm hoping that the voice dial and voice destination address entry features will largely make up for that.

16. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Took a few pictures of my new Prius today.You may notice the pinstripes that were added.Thinking of getting side moldings!Got a quote of $125.(parts and labor)

17. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 22 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]275563[/snapback]</div>
    Woohoo! Stan's got pix. That's one beautiful car if I do say so myself! The stripes came out well, a nice, subtle touch.

Okay, I've got that license plate number memorized. :lol:

Actually, I saw a 2006 Driftwood the other morning (don't recall the plate number) just after 9 AM, Tuesday I think, turning into the county extension center right in front of me going northbound. I've been meaning to mention that to you. Could it have been an early Stanmobile sighting? B)

18. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    David! i may of seen you crusing on fathers day! picnic for my dad at my brothers home in Colchester.I went thru east haddam just after 12 on that day.

19. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanlwyjohn @ Jun 22 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]275576[/snapback]</div>
    Possible, but I think I drove out of town and across the bridge shortly before noon.