1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Pioneer Z120Bt (Double in)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lurenzf, Jan 27, 2011.

1. lurenzf

lurenzf New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok dudes,
    I have been looking everywhere on how to get a double DIN pioneer AVIC Z120BT into 2006 Prius. It does not exist as I know it. So I bit the bullet and looked for a place that could do it. No one wanted to touch it with a twenty foot pole. It was especially difficult finding a specialized place in the mountains of Alabama. I finally found a place in Boaz, Alabama called Extreme Concepts that thought they would take a stab at it. It came out great with all original dashboard components in place. The biggest challenges where getting the angle right, Making sure the tilt worked on the head unit and making some kind of aftermarket kit that made it fit between the top and the little pocket door underneath. I suggested they he put the Iphone cable thru the pocket so it could hide the cord and phone if needed. I haven’t noticed any interference with it the way it is. He also added some great components speakers up front with a four channel in back powering a sealed 12 inch box. It was not really necessary to get huge power because of the design of the cab and not wanting to lose some fuel economy (not sure if this is true).
    :rockon:

2. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    this is the Gen III forum - you should post this in yhr Grn II forum.

Or search 2DIN in the GenII forum.

avic411.com has lots of info on the Z120 - but the only place you'll get real info on a 2Din install is here (in the GenII forum).

Search is your friend...