1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Side Rear View Mirror Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Rangerdavid, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I broke the mount for my passenger side rear view mirror. It looks like the mirror itself mounts to a black mounting bracket with 3 screws. only the mounting bracket is broken on mine, but the Dealer just called and told me that I'd have to order the entire mirror for $385.00.

Is this true? why can't you just order the mounting bracket? or can you just order the bracket??

help!! :)

RD

2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Get ahold of Steve @ Autobeyours.com. I'm pretty positive he will sell you what you need.

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    thanks, I guess I was just curious is you could buy just the mount without buying the whole mirror.

4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here is the breakdown on the mirror. It does look like you have to order the whole thing, at least if you are dealing with Toyota. Online price is considerably cheaper than what your dealer quoted.

2006 TOYOTA PRIUS Parts - Champion ToyotaWorld

Ron

5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    As mentioned on Facebook (Toyota Prius | Facebook), you can't order just the mount. You can order the mirror assembly aftermarket or from a wrecking yard to save on costs, and retain the original cover to avoid having the new one painted. There are options starting at $50 on eBay.