1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius SKS/Security Confusion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kn6vv, Jul 13, 2006.

1. kn6vv

kn6vv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    OK folks, I'm now confused. My dealer tells me the end of the month (July) my Prius is expected to arrive. I'm getting a list together of options I want to add onto the car when it arrives and I have a question about the Security system(s). This is a package 8 and I understand that the vehice is equiped with the factory SKS/alarm system.

In my Toyota 2006 Prius Accessories booklet I see the optional glass breakage unit which I understand is an add-on BUT they also list the "VIP RS3200" security system. What is this sytem and isn't this the same system already installed or is it an upgrade to the factory system? If an upgrade, what does it really offer over the factory system? I'm also searching for the cost of this add on and no price is found on the web yet.

I ask for your comments/opinions please as to what the VIP RS3200 security system is and est. cost? If an upgrade to the factory installed unit, anyone care to comment on its worth? Thank you!

Tom in Colorado

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kn6vv @ Jul 13 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]285870[/snapback]</div>
    When build a Prius on the Toyota website, you'll notice that the V.I.P - RS3200 plus Security System is is not available with options package no. 8. The reason is that the car already comes with it. The glass sensor is extra, though.

3. kn6vv

kn6vv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jul 13 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]285878[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the good news! The system describes the auto door locks feature with the ignition "ON" which I wanted and thus I can cancel my order for the Coastaletech auto door lock.

Thank you

4. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jul 13 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]285878[/snapback]</div>

When I go through the Configurator, I can add the RS3200 to package 8. We are talking package NW? I think the numbers change depending upon location. I just bought an '06 Prius with the full package (DVD, leather), and I'd been wondering about this.

5. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kn6vv @ Jul 13 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]285899[/snapback]</div>
    I have a package 7 with the security system...and it does not have the auto door lock feature. I believe that the RS3200 is not the same as the factory security system.

Also the auto door lock module from Coastaletch is not for the 2006 yet, so I would not suggest ordering it until it is ready for the 2006.