1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Warranty

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by OUscarb, Nov 22, 2005.

1. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

The 05 has 8years/100k on all Hybrid related parts. The 06 has been re-worded to the extend that I'm confused. Does the 06 offer the same warranty?

The ebrochure also says, " Hybrid vehicle battery expected life is 150,000 miles based on laboratory bench testing." Does this concern anyone??

2005:
    Basic 36 years/36k
    Hybrid Related Componets 8years/100k
    Powertrain 60months/60k
    Rust Through 60months/Unlimited

2006:
    Basic: 36 months/36,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).
    Powertrain: 60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and airbags).
    Rust-Through: 60 months/unlimited miles (corrosion perforation of sheet metal).
    Federal Emission Coverage: Components under the federal emission defect warranty are covered for 36 months/36,000 miles and specified major
    emission control components are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. Specified major emission control components under emission performance
    warranty are also covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. In addition, emission performance warranty is applicable for 24 months/24,000 miles in states and
    local jurisdictions that require a periodic EPA-approved inspection and maintenance program.
    California Emission Control Coverage: In California and any other state that adopts California emission warranty provisions, performance warranty
    and defect warranty coverage is applicable for 36 months/50,000 miles, and specific control devices are covered for 7 years/70,000 miles.

Thanks

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Yes. One of us with an '06 reserved should ask a dealer. I have to see mine tomorrow, and will do so unless someone beats me to it (and with this bunch, someone will).

3. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    at pressroom.toyota.com for the '06 it says:

BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE
    3-year/36,000-mile Comprehensive
    5-year/60,000-mile Powertrain
    5-year/unlimited-mileage Corrosion Perforation
    8-year/100,000-mile Hybrid-related Component Coverage

http://pressroom.toyota.com/presstxt/2006t...2006prius_s.pdf

This is in conflict with the specifications on the toyota.com website.

Also, it makes no sense that the California warranty, which was longer than the typical waranty, is now shorter.

Must be some mistakes somewhere.

4. gordomatt

gordomatt New Member

Looks like they eliminated the hybrid 8yr/100k and now it is just 5yr/60k??

5. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

Yeah, there's some conflicts for sure.

On the "General eBrochure" they show a silver Prius
    (with no side badge "Hybrid")
    with available package #9.

Yes, #9

How funny!

6. darkydog

darkydog New Member

Found this in the warrenty section on the Toyota site. I didn't see anything that specifically said this was for an 06 but the section on the Prius is updated for 06.
    The other popst only mentioned emissions and this lists hybrid components.

PRIUS WARRANTY
    Every Toyota Car, Truck and SUV is built to exceptional standards. And that's not idle boasting. We back it up with these Limited Warranty Coverages:

Basic Coverage: 36 months/36,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).

Hybrid-Related Component Coverage: Prius' hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter, are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles. The HV battery may have longer coverage under emissions warranty. Refer to applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet for details.

Powertrain Coverage: 60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and air bags).

Rust-Through Coverage: 60 months/unlimited miles (corrosion perforation of sheet metal).

Emissions Coverage: Coverages vary under Federal and California regulations. Refer to applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet for details.

Accessories Coverage: Warranty coverage is for 12 months, regardless of mileage. If the part or accessory is installed during the New Vehicle Warranty period, coverage is for 12 months or the remainder of the applicable warranty coverage, whichever is greater, with the exception of car covers, which are covered for 12 months only.

You may be eligible for transportation assistance if it's necessary that your vehicle be kept overnight for repairs covered under warranty. Please see your authorized Toyota dealership for further details.

For complete details about Toyota's warranties, please visit www.toyota.com, refer to the applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet or see your Toyota dealer.

Prius customers are covered by roadside assistance and road hazard insurance for 36 months/36,000 miles from the vehicle's in-service date. Examples of this service include flat tire, vehicle lockout and jumpstart. See your Toyota dealer for details.

7. Oregon-Mica

Oregon-Mica New Member

Hello,

As I just ordered my 06, I was also concerned. I called the customer care # on their website and they assured me hybrid components are still covered for the 8 year, 100,000 miles.

Oregon-Mica :D

8. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have read 180K somewhere.. but by the time that comes around.. I figure they will be much better for much cheaper... OR I will have upgraded by then anyway...
    There is also be enough prius's on the road by then.. there should be plenty of used batteries avail in the junk yards from wrecks too.

either way... I feel no alarm....
    I have read reports here on the forum of folks making it 250K miles... and thats with the earlier generation batteries.... they are better now!

9. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's wonderful! I heard it was less years and miles and I was like "YIKES!" Thanks for calling to check on that! :)

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Yea.. and according to this.. the 36K/3year roadside assistance appears to be intact too... so either its left over from 05 and is a mistake.. or toyota is a mistake...
    right not I"m leaning toward the mistake being on toyota's website since they don't mention it at all.

11. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey.. your right it is there now!... I looked what I thought was yesterday or the day before and I didn't see anything relating to the hybrid parts.....
    Looks like its updated now...
    Toyota.com ---- > go to 360 views and feature demos on the left -----> then down to faqs -----> now look about 3/4 way towards the bottom at #17