1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 production time

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by kaida, Oct 21, 2005.

1. kaida

kaida New Member

Date Ordered: September 15, 2005
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Cherry Hill Toyota/Scion, Cherry Hill, NJ
    Timeframe given for delivery: 3-6 mos.
    Color: Silver
    Option Package: #6
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Not Sure

say hi to the new guy B) ...i'm a newb, so i apologize if this has already been answered...does anybody have word on the date that '06 prius will begin production? am i asking the same question everybody is asking? i'm as excited as a kid in a candyshop. the option package reflected above is an '05 preference. my dealer said that i will fall into the '06 production line, so once preferenced, the '06 will get option pacakge #7. i need to bug her for the # i am on the waiting list...i'm hoping for a december delivery b/c of my anticipation, but would love the new tax advantage offered in 2006.

i look forward to many more posts, and once delivery is taken, check some of you at meets...

2. kaida

kaida New Member

3. PhotoLady

PhotoLady New Member

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Welcome!

You've come to the right place, but Toyota's playing very close to the vest. A couple of months ago we (at least I) heard production would start "in early Oct."
    Then, earlier this month, some said "beginning of Nov."

Obviously, if they're going to hit dealers' lots "right after Thanksgiving", production can't begin later than the next couple of days, if it hasn't already.

Then there was the person who works for a Toyota-contracted marketing company who posted here that "already a couple of thousand" had been made. That was the beginning of the month.

Speculation on a pricing announcement focuses on Nov. 10-20, with one report of Nov. 17.

For all our agony, Toyota should buy us a Dick Clark New Year's Eve Descending Times Square Ball. They could control it via satellite from Tokyo.