1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Seaside Package NW (#8), ordered 8/28/05

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by RonM, Dec 5, 2005.

1. RonM

RonM New Member

Date Ordered: 8/28/05
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Capitol Toyota, San Jose, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: "a couple of months"
    Color: Seaside Blue
    Option Package: NW (aka '06 #8)
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: #11 for an '06, #1 for this color

I was shocked when they called me on Saturday, because I had just spoken with my sales person a few days earlier, and he did not yet know their allocation or even when they were going to completely merge the '05 and '06 lists. Apparently, after that call it was determined that Northern California was going to receive an extra 5 '06's beyond their original allocation. After some debate, apparently, it was determined these would be doled out by dealer volume. Roseville Toyota and Capital Toyota are the two regional volume leaders, but Roseville gets much of their business from the state. With Toyota halting (temporarily) all fleet sales of the '06 Prius to satisfy consumer demand, it was decided that all 5 of the "extra" units would go to Capitol. Turns out I was #1 on the list for my first color choice (Seaside blue with tan leather interior).

Overall, a good buying experience from them. I would recommend them, and my sales person, Slava, to anyone in the area.

Now to apply for the Carpool stickers... When I ordered in August, it was with the belief that I would be foregoing the carpool option (thought all the stickers would be long gone by now) in order to get an '06. Thankfully, it looks like I was wrong.

2. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

Congrats, that must have been an exciting call. On the other hand, Why don't they get them left over '06's to the middle of the country!! <_< I'm waiting on my Seaside Blue #7. Oh well, Someday :) Great Color! Cheers!

OUscarb