1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Suzuki Swift

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ONwi03, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ONwi03

ONwi03 New Member

Anyone know if this car is hitting US shores? I love the styling... it's like a MINI Cooper with harder lines. Plus, it looks to be much, much cheaper. The S version, which is decked out, sells for ~$13,200 after I converted it from Australian dollars. I see that Suzuki Canada sells one but it looks to be a different version.

Link1
    Link2
    Link3

[Broken External Image]:http://www.pifiu.com/vortex/uploads/2005-nov/22.jpg

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's the S2 Concept car! We already have a Suzuki Swift+ which is essentially a rebadged Chevrolet Aveo5 which is essentially a rebadged Daewoo Lanos. (can't remember the European name)

This new Swift is a much bettre looking car. I say, bring it over!

3. ONwi03

ONwi03 New Member

Totally agree. With the new Grand Vitara and the Swift, Suzuki could make some headlines in N. America. As much as I want a Prius it's just a tad out of my price range at the moment, and I'd definitely put the Swift at the front of my wish list.

GM has a 10% stake in Suzuki... do they decide whether or not it gets released here? If they do and really want to get out of their hole they'd replace the Aveo with the Swift.