1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Toyota Prius Prices...

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by yarzy, Nov 4, 2005.

1. yarzy

yarzy New Member

Toyota Announces Prices for 2006 Prius Hybrid
    Print This Story Email This Story Save this Link View PR Newswire's RSS Feed

Toyota logo. (PRNewsFoto)

TORRANCE, CA USA 05/01/2003

http://www.toyota.com

TORRANCE, Calif., Nov. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A.,
    Inc., announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the
    2006 Prius hybrid sedan.
    The Prius is the best-selling gas-electric hybrid vehicle in the United
    States and the world. For 2006, Prius adds several styling, safety and
    convenience enhancements, further increasing its overall value.
    Exterior enhancements on the Prius include restyled headlights and
    taillight clusters, and a new front lip spoiler. The front grille has been
    updated with a new chrome finish on the center bar.
    On the inside, new darker seat fabric and a black textured instrument
    panel center accent the high-tech interior styling. The rear seat bottom
    cushion has been slightly re-positioned to improve headroom and ride comfort.
    For the first time, due to strong consumer demand, Prius will offer optional
    leather seating and a leather-wrapped steering wheel for enhanced comfort.
    A new rear back-up camera is now available as an option. The rear camera
    automatically projects an image of what the lens can detect behind the vehicle
    onto the dash-mounted LCD display monitor when the vehicle is in reverse gear.
    The optional voice-activated DVD GPS navigation system has been improved,
    offering enhanced map quality, and estimated time of arrival display, and a
    route tracer function. The system also features a voice recognition search
    function, which allows entry of a destination through voice recognition while
    the Prius is being driven. The system can also be set to operate in English,
    French and Spanish.
    Prius buyers can also order new audio system upgrades that feature
    MP3-media capability and a mini-jack port located in the center console. The
    mini-jack port allows connectivity to most portable music players and allows
    users to listen to their portable music collection through Prius upgraded
    audio systems.
    Already featuring a high level of safety technology, Prius gains even more
    for 2006. The standard driver and front passenger advanced airbags are now
    equipped with an occupant classification sensor to help determine if the seat
    is occupied and if an occupant meets the adult weight requirement for airbag
    deployment. The front passenger airbag will only deploy when the sensor
    detects an adult passenger is occupying the front passenger seat. A Tire
    Pressure Monitoring System is now standard equipment in Prius. The system can
    detect a significant loss in air pressure in one or more tires and alert the
    driver by a warning light.
    Prius employs the industry-leading Hybrid Synergy Drive (HSD), Toyota's
    third-generation gas-electric hybrid powertrain technology. HSD gives the
    Prius acceleration comparable to a four-cylinder, mid-size car, with
    zero-to-60 mph acceleration in about 10 seconds.
    Prius not only provides the best fuel efficiency ratings of any mid-size
    vehicle sold in America, it also returns an even higher combined mileage
    rating than any compact sedan sold in America. HSD yields exceptional fuel
    efficiency in the Prius, with estimated EPA ratings of 60 mpg in city driving,
    51 mpg on the highway and 55 mpg in combined driving.
    HSD produces more than 80 percent fewer smog forming emissions than a
    conventional internal combustion engine vehicle. The Prius is certified as a
    Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) in California and in states adopting
    California standards. In addition, in California and states adopting
    California rules, Prius is certified as an Advanced Technology Partial Zero
    Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV).
    The base MSRP for the 2006 Prius will be $21,725, an increase of $450, or
    2.1 percent. The price will take effect when the 2006 Prius goes on sale in
    mid-November.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20030501/TOYLOGO )

SOURCE Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc.
    Web Site: http://www.toyota.com
    Photo Notes: NewsCom:
    http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20030501/TOYLOGO AP Archive:
    http://photoarchive.ap.org PRN Photo Desk,
    [email protected]
    Issuers of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.
    Terms and conditions, including restrictions on redistribution, apply.
    Copyright © 1996-2005 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    A United Business Media company.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This might be better formatting:

Toyota Announces Pricing For 2006 Prius Hybrid
    11/04/2005 Torrance, CA

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the 2006 Prius hybrid sedan.

The Prius is the best-selling gas-electric hybrid vehicle in the United States and the world. For 2006, Prius adds several styling, safety and convenience enhancements, further increasing its overall value.

Exterior enhancements on the Prius include restyled headlights and taillight clusters, and a new front lip spoiler. The front grille has been updated with a new chrome finish on the center bar.

On the inside, new darker seat fabric and a black textured instrument panel center accent the high-tech interior styling. The rear seat bottom cushion has been slightly re-positioned to improve headroom and ride comfort. For the first time, due to strong consumer demand, Prius will offer optional leather seating and a leather-wrapped steering wheel for enhanced comfort.

A new rear back-up camera is now available as an option. The rear camera automatically projects an image of what the lens can detect behind the vehicle onto the dash-mounted LCD display monitor when the vehicle is in reverse gear. The optional voice-activated DVD GPS navigation system has been improved, offering enhanced map quality, and estimated time of arrival display, and a route tracer function. The system also features a voice recognition search function, which allows entry of a destination through voice recognition while the Prius is being driven. The system can also be set to operate in English, French and Spanish.

Prius buyers can also order new audio system upgrades that feature MP3-media capability and a mini-jack port located in the center console. The mini-jack port allows connectivity to most portable music players and allows users to listen to their portable music collection through Prius upgraded audio systems.

Already featuring a high level of safety technology, Prius gains even more for 2006. The standard driver and front passenger advanced airbags are now equipped with an occupant classification sensor to help determine if the seat is occupied and if an occupant meets the adult weight requirement for airbag deployment.
    The front passenger airbag will only deploy when the sensor detects an adult passenger is occupying the front passenger seat. A Tire Pressure Monitoring System is now standard equipment in Prius. The system can detect a significant loss in air pressure in one or more tires and alert the driver by a warning light. Prius employs the industry-leading Hybrid Synergy Drive (HSD), Toyota's third-generation gas-electric hybrid powertrain technology. HSD gives the Prius acceleration comparable to a four-cylinder, mid-size car, with zero-to-60 mph acceleration in about 10 seconds.

Prius not only provides the best fuel efficiency ratings of any mid-size vehicle sold in America, it also returns an even higher combined mileage rating than any compact sedan sold in America. HSD yields exceptional fuel efficiency in the Prius, with estimated EPA ratings of 60 mpg in city driving, 51 mpg on the highway and 55 mpg in combined driving.

HSD produces more than 80 percent fewer smog forming emissions than a conventional internal combustion engine vehicle. The Prius is certified as a Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) in California and in states adopting California standards. In addition, in California and states adopting California rules, Prius is certified as an Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV).

The base MSRP for the 2006 Prius will be $21,725, an increase of $450, or 2.1 percent. The price will take effect when the 2006 Prius goes on sale in mid-November.

The original link:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases/Viewp...YT2005110477677

3. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    :( sigh! not that i'm not happy with mine, i would've loved the tire pressure monitor (which was originally advertised but not offered in the U.S.), weight sensor is great, gotta see the new lights, chrome grill, and lip spoiler. oh, and the mp3 and rear camera i would've gotten. sigh! :(

4. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm only digging the OEM mp3 player and new colors. Leather you can always get it custom in LA for $800 and navigation $2000 installed.

Tire pressure monitor would be nice (and actually will be mandatory in all vehicles in the U.S. by 2008) but not too critical. I've heard that the warning only comes up if the tire pressure drops by 25%?!?! That doesn't sound too safe.

It would be cool to have lane departure warning (like the new Infiniti) and dynamic cruise control (like the Benz), but then i'm asking for too much for a $20-30k car. I cannot be satisfied, give me more Toyota!!!

5. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

so that 2% increase discussion before... heh :).

Sounds great actually, I cant wait to see the interior - and I pretty happy that exterior is very much unchanged.

Big kudos for the soft plastics and darker fabrics - those were my biggest "issues" with current prius (i love it though!).
    Repositioned back seat for more head room - awesome!
    mp3 player-awesome
    new gen navigation? - awesome! Now you would be able to get to new routes via voice while car is at speed. I wonder if it is new gen system like in new IS?

Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me... big kudos!

6. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1. Whats a front lip spoiler?
    2. Does anyone know exactly what they mean about the rear seat?
    3. I think the Nav will be great! You can't manually push in a destination (without disabling it through the menus) but you can say the destination while driving which makes sense. Its convenient and safer. The other Nav changes will be awesome I'm sure.

Also, I saw somewhere there will be sound absorbing glass and material added to 2006 Prius, does anyone know where I can find that information again? Thanks so much. This site is super!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Exterior enhancements on the Prius include restyled headlights and
    taillight clusters, and a new front lip spoiler.

2 The rear seat bottom cushion has been slightly re-positioned to improve headroom and ride comfort.

3 The optional voice-activated DVD GPS navigation system has been improved,
    offering enhanced map quality, and estimated time of arrival display, and a
    route tracer function. The system also features a voice recognition search
    function, which allows entry of a destination through voice recognition while
    the Prius is being driven. The system can also be set to operate in English,
    French and Spanish.

7. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Also, I saw somewhere there will be sound absorbing glass and material added to 2006 Prius, does anyone know where I can find that information again? Thanks so much. This site is super!

The sound absorbing glass was on the Japanese web site for their models -- I highly doubt if we are getting it in the USA or Canada

8. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

did you guys get prius updated from march 2005? In Europe at least we got them, and it included sound absorbing windshield glass, tighter steering and improved stiffness.

my prius is very quiet, so i would think you guys need new tires anyway...

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was in the Japanese site announcement. No mention of those in the Torrance announcement. But they might have just wanted to focus on gadgets, not the more "mundane" things---which would be more important to me than the rear camera.

Edit to correct spelling. :rolleyes:

10. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    What exactly is new?

You can do "quick access 1 .. quick access 5" right now, and "go home".

11. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

2006 Package pricing for Seattle area $6890 for #8, $5730 for # 7 (no leather), and $3205 (no leather or NAV)

12. Mojo40

Mojo40 New Member

As I suspected, the option package prices drive up the 06 price further (i.e. beyond the $450 difference in base price). Increase is not as bad as I expected. Did the math for a 2005 vs. 2006 w/Nav. (2005 Package 6, 2006 package 7). This eats into the 2006 ~$3000 tax credit a little bit (if you are going for the loaded models).

2005 vs. 2006 Price Comparison, Package 6 (Nav), WA sales tax.

Base price $21,275
    Package 6/BC $5,065
    Taxes (8%) $2,107
    Total $28,447

Base price $21,725
    Package #7 $5,730
    Taxes (8%) $2,196
    Total $29651

2005-2006 Price increase $1,204

13. FIESTA

FIESTA New Member

Note that in Seattle the sales tax will be 9.1% and the $540 delivery charge will be added to the base price.

Downtown Toyota dealer does not know which packages will be available in the Northwest Region. He says he will get his first 2006 allocation in mid-November.

Using the data posted so far here are some numbers:
    PACKAGES Package Price MSRP Total wih
    including Sales Tax
    delivery @ 9.1%
    Base Price incl $540 delivery 22315 24346
    Package #1 650 22965 25055
    Package #2 825 23140 25246
    Package #3 1475 23790 25955
    Package #4 1825 24140 26337
    Package #5 3205 25520 27842
    Package #6 3830 26145 28524
    Package #7 5730 28045 30597
    Package #8 6890 29205 31863

14. FIESTA

FIESTA New Member

Sorry the table header didn't copy properly; how does one post a table?

Also there are two threads on 2006 prices, could they be consolidated into one?

15. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I believe that is the function of the Code button.

16. Mojo40

Mojo40 New Member

Hey Fiesta, when you figure out how to post a table, let us know. Also, consider adding a column that lists the total price difference (i.e. factoring in the base price difference, option cost, etc.).

Dig your web site. You've got it made.

17. FIESTA

FIESTA New Member

Code:

PACKAGESPackage	MSRP including delivery	Total with Sales Tax @ 9.1%        
    Base Price incl $540 delivery  22315	24346
    Package #1	650	22965	25055
    Package #2	825	23140	25246
    Package #3	1475	23790	25955
    Package #4	1825	24140	26337
    Package #5	3205	25520	27842
    Package #6	3830	26145	28524
    Package #7	5730	28045	30597
    Package #8	6890	29205	31863

18. FIESTA

FIESTA New Member

Mojo 40

I was trying to set up a table with the CODE function and accidently posted. It's really fiddly but I"ll try again when I have time. I'm not sure what you meant by adding price difference colunm - do you mean from 2005 prices or increments by package?

Glad you enjoyed the website. Yeah, we really do have it made. It will be even better when we get our Prius!

19. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Uh, on the base price, $21,725 + 540 = $22,265.

20. FIESTA

FIESTA New Member

................................................MSRP........Total with
    ................................Package....including....Sales Tax
    PACKAGES................Price.........delivery.....at 9.1%

Base Price..................................22265.......24291
    Package #1................650..........22915.......25000
    Package #2................825..........23090.......25191
    Package #3...............1475.........23740.......25900
    Package #4...............1825.........24090.......26282
    Package #5...............3205.........25470.......27788
    Package #6...............3830.........26095.......28470
    Package #7...............5730.........27995.......30543
    Package #8...............6890.........29155.......31808

Sorry, slip of the keyboard, thanks for the correction.

I pasted from Excel; each cell can have only one line of text (no text wrap). I still had to pad with periods after pasting. I tried using CODE but go no better results. There has to be a better way.

Does anyone know the amount charged by the dealer for tax & license in Seattle?

Any clues on which packages will available in the Northwest region?

For 2005 did Northwest region cars come "clean" or with any port instlalled "options". Can you specify that you don't want any? The only dealer option I would want would be floor mats.

I'm getting closer to a total cost so that we can make a decision.