1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006's on Carson Toyotas Inventory

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rancid13, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They never show pricing for their Prii, but I try to check Carson (CA) Toyota's Prius Inventory every few days for the sheer heck of it and noticed that today, they show a bunch of 2006 Prii in a slew of colors and packages, alongside their 2005's. :D :D This is getting me excited for the 2006's!

Carson Toyota Inventory

(Side note: I didn't order my Prius through Carson-I ordered through Longo Toyota, through a friend/client of my husband's)

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Dianne Whitmire, their Internet sales manager used to be a frequent contributor here. She has not posted lately. she is probably embarrassed due to the gazillion dollars that Carson Toyota charges over MSRP for the Prius.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just looked at the inventory page. They have photos, taken on their lot, of all the 05 models. Most of the 06 listings to not have photos attached and the three that do use generic photos, as opposed to images of the actual cars being offered for sale.

My hunch is that they are listing their next allocation as opposed to actual in stock inventory.

4. lwillis

lwillis New Member

I can't imagine they have them on the lot yet. Logistically I'm guessing they just got their latest allocation and entered it into their inventory system. Could explain the lack of pictures for any of th 2006's. It is encouraging that there must be 06's on the next ship to arrive :D

5. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Actually, I'm not even sure the photos of the 2005's they have on their inventory are of the actual cars themselves. I've noticed they use the same photo for lots of cars. If you see photos for 2 different Tideland packages, you'll notice it's the same picture twice. Same for all the others.

I'm sure what they've listed on their inventory as 2006 models are for their expected allocation; I wonder when those cars will actually be on the lot, I'd like to check one out in person before they get snatched away quickly. I've seen the 2005's up close and personal...

6. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    And that is why I'm not buying thru Carson. I've seen some of her posts on here and some complaints from people who either purchased thru her or tried to, and decided against it. I'm getting a better deal elsewhere, so I'm sticking with that.

7. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I purchased through Carson and had a good experience. I initially would not go above MSRP, and was on the waiting list of other dealers charging MSRP, but there was significant uncertainty when I would get delivery. And I often got conflicting information.

At Carson, it is first come, first served - if you are concerned about getting an HOV sticker, that might be a factor.

By the way, the above MSRP versus at MSRP is not a moral issue, it is business. I bet you could go into Carson and get a Land Cruiser significantly below MSRP.

I purchased through Greg and have also talked with Dianne on a few occasions, and have only positive things to say.

John

8. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

I strongly disagree. I was one of many who ordered a 2004 early from Carson (and left a $500 deposit check for the under-MSRP agreed upon price) then waited many months while Carson sold car after car to people who walked in off the street and paid over MSRP.

Eventually my below-MSRP order was cancelled by Dianne when I didn't respond to a "I'm cancelling your order unless you reconfirm your order now" email. Even though I had told Dianne that I was going to be out of town and wouldn't be able to respond to email.

What was sad about the whole thing was that she never came clean and just said "Sorry we made a mistake in agreeing to sell that car under MSRP. It's not going to happen". Then everyone could have moved on and placed orders elsewhere. She violated the trust of many people.

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Too bad. :(

I was one of those that "walked in off the street" (actually called on the phone) and paid (without deposit) MSRP. Of course that was back in April.

10. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You are right.

It is a two-way street, though. That is why many of us who dealt with Dianne and regularly engaged in discussions with her on PriusChat took our business elsewhere.

11. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was referring to how things are now. I don't think they maintain a list today. I do recall some discussions where there were issues with the list - that is probably why they did away with it.

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    She posted yesterday on a Yahoo Prius group---to state how low SoCal's first allocation is.

13. owl20

owl20 New Member

Rancid 13 - I am on the waiting list at Longo Toyota. Please tell me about your purchase experience. Any problems, tips. things that may surprise me during the transaction. Would you buy from Longo again?/ How much did they want for the extended warranty ?... etc.
    Thanks ,
    Owl 20

14. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Our order is being done a little differently, not your standard typical dealer/customer transaction, so I'm afraid I won't be of much help. My husband befriended a client of his who works for the internet dept. of Longo...long story short, we're now his 'family members' who are getting a below invoice deal on a new Prius in early 2006. We gave him the deposit check ($500), I provide him with the details (package #, colors) and when one comes in, he calls us to let us know.

We got a call at the end of Sept (~2 weeks after I first placed my order) for a 2005 Black Package 6 (my original color/package choice) that was available and ours if we wanted it, but that was before I was able to let him know I was interested in waiting until January to take delivery for both tax reasons and financial reasons (using the rest of 2005 to comletely pay off some large dental/medical bills). I figured that if I was waiting until January, I might as well get a 2006 anyways...

15. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Rancid, could you put the dancing guy back up every night before you go to bed, and take him down in the morning? Helps keep me awake during my 3 am postings. I hate it when I wake up with my face mashed into the keyboard.

:p

16. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nah...don't think so. :D I'm only online during the middle part of the day (ie: at work), not usually in the evenings....

Here's the link to the avatar itself, enjoy!

http://www.avatarity.com/avatar.php?aid=18989