1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 AUX in--is there a consensus?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by adam1991, Mar 1, 2007.

1. adam1991

adam1991 New Member

Hi all,

I'll be getting my 07 base model (yeah, but hey, it's free--it's a company car) in a few weeks. One thing I absolutely must have is an AUX in connection to the stereo for my SkyFi radio. I prefer to keep the SkyFi, so I have the flexibility of moving it among vehicles.

I've searched and read this forum for the past week until my eyes droop with sleep, and have gotten some incredible information. I must have done something good in a past life to be treated so well by a group of obviously smart people...

Anyway, is there a consensus about which AUX in solution is overall the best value? I don't mean cheapest, I mean one that is done right and has all the correct features and is well built and is priced correctly (or better) for what it is.

I'm thinking I need just audio, although the Coastal E Tech's Lockpick with video is intriguing. I'm also thinking I don't want an iPod dock per se, mostly because Apple can change the dock at any moment.

Two AUX jacks would be cool, and as I said the video thing seems nice and geeky to me on the surface. But I'm looking for a consensus by the experienced folks here on what works and what doesn't, and what's useful and what's a waste of money, and what you couldn't live without anymore.

Thanks, and if you need any Honda Odyssey advice, just head on over to odyclub.com.

2. rik

rik Junior Member

My 2007 Touring #6 comes with an AUX IN, so no need for an add-on.

3. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just plugged my Zune into the AUX outlet, plays great but doesn't show the song titles or tracks.

4. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He has a base model, which doesn't come with the AUX outlet in the center console. I think you need package 1 as a minimum to have it built in.

5. adam1991

adam1991 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brick @ Mar 2 2007, 07:56 AM) [snapback]398993[/snapback]</div>
    That's correct. Base model doesn't have AUX in, dammit.

So is there a consenus with regard to the quality of manufacturers and products?

6. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi Adam,

I needed an AUX input on my 2005 Prius (for my external Nav/MP3 unit) and chose the AUX2CAR. The Prius sees it as a CD changer, works great! Costs around $100 (with the reqd Toyota cable). The tricky part is taking the dash apart Just follow Chris Dragon's excellent instructions at http://www.chrisdragon.com/downloads/Stere...us,%20v1.03.pdf

Paul.

7. adam1991

adam1991 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulccullen @ Mar 2 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]399063[/snapback]</div>
    I printed out his instructions. Awesome. Even more awesome was finally getting some good use out of my new Xerox Phaser 6180 printer...

I'll take a look at the AUX2CAR. Thanks for the recommendation.