1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Barcelona RED: 200 mile impression

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sector99, Oct 15, 2006.

1. sector99

sector99 New Member

The central computer MAY be diagnosing my driving habits because the complex drive-by-wire tranny's reaction seems a bit different. I'm able to hold longer periods of electric power only status, more easily achieve longer true decoupled coasting (The "Glide" part of Pulse and glide), and get into and hold good milage status over 60 mph.

The Audio system is superb. I have a new iPOD 8g coupled to a custom portable amp then to the JBL AUX and the bass is as goods as it gets (Zero static, except when the iPod is charging). The custom amp is from http://www.fixup.net Dr. Xin Feng. He's a real rocket scientist and his amps are the BEST (Size of a deck of cards). Offers op amp rolling just like the tube-swapping audiophytes.

Wifee LOVES the Prius handling compared with our previous Chysler Concord LHi. She raves about the steering. "Goes where you point it".

Today we took a run to Lakeland, Fl and back. Our total MPG is still over 50 even with a whole lot of futzing around deciding how to pulse and glide and when to do it in traffic as well as scoping the route ahead for long glide possibilities. Fair amount of "Hills".

The Integrity tires continue to be fine and I'll run with them to 10K at least, banking the extra funds I had set aside for Comfortreds.

I'm getting the 3M poly clear front covering this week from the same guy doing the leather (Kadzkin) and will let you guys know how that develops.

chaio