1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Blower problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CharlesS, Aug 20, 2015.

1. CharlesS

CharlesS New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have had this car for about a year now, no problems other than the check engine light has come on and after a code check found out its the Cat converter *yay*.

Most recently the A/C blower is working rather intermittent, can start off blowing just fine and then the blower seems to decrease while the screen still shows it on high. AC temp is just fine, just the blower is having issues. Sometimes it will turn off all together and not come back on at all for several hours. I am thinking it might be the fan motor, but I don't know enough about these cars to say for certain.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Most likely the blower motor needs to be replaced and there are a few posts about how to do that. To be sure, you can find the wiring harness connector to the motor. If you measure voltage at the connector yet the motor does not run, then it would seem likely the motor needs to be replaced. Further, if you remove the cabin air filter, reach down to spin the fan blades and the motor continues to keep them spinning, that would be another good indication that the motor needs to be replaced.

If you find the cabin air filter is nasty, then by all means replace it. You may find that debris down in the fan blade area is causing or contributing to the problem.

CharlesS likes this.