1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Camry Features & Specifications

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    okie, I don't know how much of this I'm allowed to post so I'll post a few teasers. Obviously, it's prelim specs and are subject to change and is correct for the Canadian market.

Engine:
    2.4 litre DOHC VVT-i, ULEV II, hood strut
    158hp, 161lb-ft

3.5 litre V6 DOHC VVT-i (doesn't say dual), Variable Induction System, ULEV II, hood strut
    268hp, 248lb-ft

VSC standard on SE V6 and XLE V6, optional on LE V6

5M on SE, opt. 5A. 5A standard on LE
    6MM standard on all V6 models
    ABS, EBD, BA and 4-wheel disc brakes are standard.
    P215/60R16 on LE/XLE models
    P215/55R17 on SE models

FE:
    V6 city/hwy L/100km (Imp. mpg)
    10.7/7.0 (26/40)

4 cylinder auto
    9.8/6.5 (29/43)

4 cylinder manual
    9.6/6.4 (29/44)

key standard features on all models:
    Dual front knee airbags, side airbags, side curtain airbags, dual front airbags, engine immobiliser, auto headlights, CD/MP3/WMA, AUX Input, 6 speakers, steering wheel mounted audio controls (JBL with 8 speakers, CD Changer, bluetooth and diversity antenna on XLE V6), tilt/tele steering wheel.

Extras on XLE V6:
    Dual-Zone auto climate control, plasma cluster, power heated front seats, rear sunshade, smart key system, push button start, bluetooth, auto dimming mirror w/compass, foglights

Extras on SE models:
    Front sport seats, sport design scuff plates, aluminium sport pedals, 17" alloys, sport style grille, side skirts, rear spoiler, chrome tail pipe, foglights

2 packages for LE, one for SE, one for LE V6.

Colours (as per chart) are as follows

Alpine White, Titanium Silver, Magnetic Grey Metallic, Black, Barcelona Red Metallic, Frosted Mink Pearl, Aloe Green Metallic, Blue Ribbon Metallic

2. Clar

Clar Member

wow, 4 cyl auto gets 29/43? Wonder what CH's FE will be.

3. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Remember he's talking Imperial Gallons.

So that would be what, 24/36 in US mpg?

Still not shabby for a car that big.

4. Clar

Clar Member

sorry. I'm not familiar w/ the term "imp gal". I thought it's same as US's.

Anyway. still impressed. if regular 4 cyl gets 24/36, CH will get even more.

Called dealer to put my name on the list. I'm now debating whether I should get a Prius in late January or CH around April time frame. I'm so used to the size of Regal and hate to give up the space. Oh well.

5. EricGo

EricGo New Member

'imp' may make you think of impish, but here it is imperial -- a british volume unit about 20% greater than the US gallon.

Well .. the US gallon is actually a british measure that they abandoned, and the US co-opted as their own.

Hope that clears things up :)

6. Technogeek

Technogeek New Member

Hi Clar, if the hybrid version of the Camry comes out in April, it's only 3 more months to wait for a car that you will own for years. If you prefer a larger car, it would be worth the wait. My understanding (right or wrong) is that the regular Camry would be available in the spring and the hybrid would be available near the end of the year, around October 2006. I don't recall where I read that. I expect Toyota to release more details in less than 2 weeks when the new Camry is officially unveiled at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show. Then we should know more about when the hybrid will be available.

This raises an interesting question: I wonder if it is possible to get a hybrid tax credit twice in 2006 if a person bought a brand new Prius then traded it for a brand new Camry hybrid a few months later. That person would have purchased two cars that should qualify for the credit. I believe the Camry credit would be a bit less than the Prius. It would be interesting to discover the answer, whether useful or not. :)

Good luck with your decision!

Be sure to watch for news around January 8th - 10th from Toyota at the Detroit Auto Show.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I second that but Tom Quinn over at Prius Online seems damn confident the hybrid's coming out in April. I'm not gonna argue with him cause I also thought it was late 2006.

8. saechaka

saechaka Member

you can get 2 credits as that is what i got when i traded in my hch for a prius, as long as your the original owner. this ch seems like an interesting proposition. can't wait to see what features and mileage it will get. i was pretty sure my next car was going to be a prius but that might change.

9. Clar

Clar Member

Thanks.

The date I got was from Tom Quinn from other prius chat forum, as Tideland Prius mentioned. Since he's a toyota dealer, I guess I'll trust him on that for now. I will wait until the news conference from the auto show to see if he's right or not.

I don't know all the IRS rules, but I doubt IRS will let you take credit in 2006 and also let you sell/trade-in in the same year. Otherwise I will keep on buying prius and trade in the following month to get enough tax credits that I won't need to pay any tax. ;) IRS will hire someone and shoot me.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just to confirm, when I said "Extras" on the XLE and SE, they're standard equipment, not optional. There's no option package for the XLE V6 atm.

11. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

I know the regular Camry comes out in Spring, along with the Yaris, but I still think it's most likely the hybrid won't be released until late 2006. In any case I'm glad the FE of the regular Camry is 24/36; that means real people would probably get 33-34 mpg highway so possibly 38 with the hybrid? Well we'll see.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    38? I'm hoping better than that hehe. Didn't amped said his friend saw the Camry Hybrid and said it was tuned for fuel economy since that particular prototype felt a bit sluggish.

13. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

Well I'm being conservative, but I've read of many people averaging 44 with a Prius, so 38 with the Camry sounds reasonable if not hopeful. Note that I'm trying to predict the results from driving 75+ mph and occasional spirited acceleration. Obviously it can be driven in such a way to get mileage in the 40's.

What worries me slightly is how bad the Highlander Hybrid is; it just gets moderately better mileage than the regular Highlander. Consumer Reports got 22 mpg with the hybrid and 19 with the regular V-6. On highway alone it was 27 vs 22. Of course they accelerate very hard but their highway readings are usually on target.

14. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I seemed to recall hearing that you needed to keep the vehicle for 12 months in order to qualify for the credit, so I researched this, but found this only appears to apply to leases, in Canada anyway.

http://www.trd.fin.gov.on.ca/userfiles/pag...3/Rsie_In23.htm

Oddly, I can't find any document for Canada newer than this January 2003 bulletin on this topic. (?)

Given the Prius' depreciation (or lack thereof) perhaps this represents a loophole to continually trade up vehicles with virtually no depreciation! :lol:

Kevin

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know. The Canadian market for used hybrids isn't as strong as the US.

Potential Buyer, I see what you mean now. Oh, btw. The XLE V6 on the Canadian version has bluetooth. Does that mean it'll have a screen which means it's possible that the Camry hybrid will have a screen as standard with the Energy Monitor?