1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 First Post

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nwpa, Dec 27, 2006.

1. nwpa

nwpa New Member

On October 30 we purchased a 2007 Package #2 in Silver Metallic.

I had been driving a 1998 Subaru Legacy L wagon and had been very happy with it except, when I tried very hard, I could only get 32 MPG, and then only when driving at a steady 60 MPH.

As we began thinking about a new car I looked very hard at the Honda Civic, non-hybrid. My wife, who does not drive, really pushed for the Prius to reduce our carbon footprint.So I researched the Prius in many sources. PriusChat was most helpful as were John's postings.By the time we took a test drive I was ready to tip toward the Prius and the test drive did the job. As soon as we had our financing in order I placed an order. We are very happy with the automobile. Even if it were not a hybrid it would be just what the doctor ordered.Large enough, comfortable, hatch back, very nice features, etc.

I'm age 70, retired and I already was driving the Legacy for fuel mileage so did not have to form anynew driving habits. :D

2. Prius The First

Prius The First New Member

Let me be the first to offer you a, Congrats and Welcome to the site.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hi Perk and welcome to Priuschat!!

It's always refreshing to hear that people are intentionally making purchasing decisions based on reducing their carbon footprint. Give your wife a hug for me. But just a hug, I don't want you getting jealous.

I agree with you about the "even if it weren't a hybrid. . ." part. I was looking for a car and happened to end up with a hybrid. Now that I have it I can't imagine driving anything else.

If you were squeezing 32 out of the Legacy and driving for mileage already, I can't wait to see what you can do with the Prius. Give it through the Winter, though, before you really start worrying about. Since you've been reading, you already know that break-in period and temperatures will keep the mileage low. You have both working against you right now. But come summer . . . :D

4. nwpa

nwpa New Member

:D

Today we received a $500.00 rebate from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for purchasing a Prius!

5. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Make sure you don't get to entranced by the electronic MFD(multi funtional display) that you don't get into an accident.