1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 halogen bulb low beam wont work with cover on.........

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by no-name, Nov 23, 2016.

1. no-name

no-name Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Howdy

Just replaced my driver side headlight bulb on my 2007 Prius. Before I put the rubber cover back on I put the plug on the bulb to test the bulb. High and low beams worked. Great. I then unplugged and put the rubber cover back on....not as easy as it looks.....and now the lows do not work but the highs do. This is the reason I changed the bulb in the first place.

Any help here?

Driving myself nuts

Thanks

2. kinglew

kinglew Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    e, post: 2454275, member: 149782"]Howdy

Just replaced my driver side headlight bulb on my 2007 Prius. Before I put the rubber cover back on I put the plug on the bulb to test the bulb. High and low beams worked. Great. I then unplugged and put the rubber cover back on....not as easy as it looks.....and now the lows do not work but the highs do. This is the reason I changed the bulb in the first place.

Any help here?

Driving myself nuts

Thanks[/QUOTE] clean the connector with electronic spray cleaner. Apply dielectric grease .try plug it in should be fine
    Clean blub

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My plugs were burned up. I found a replacement plugs at autostorr
    Later found out there avail at dealer.
    Hope your using the factory bulb.
    Aftermarkets are brighter but don't last long and u will be back in there in less than a year. And as u now know its a hassle.
    Good idea to rebulb the whole car including the turn signals in the front. Buy OEMS online. They last much longer.