1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Hid bulb stuck, can't replace?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by StBrianofMinneapolis, Jun 28, 2015.

1. StBrianofMinneapolis

StBrianofMinneapolis Junior Member

Hello, I am following several diy tutorials for HID replacements for my 07 Prius. I am using the method where you don't remove the bumper, but just remove the rear caps to the headlight assembly and do it all blind, (which seems to be my problem).

I have hit a jam with removing and installing the actual bulbs. The jam might involve the wire tab that actually holds the bulb in place. Per the instructions I have moved the wire tab on both sides by pulling it towards the hood. It seems to be out of the way but it was incredibly hard to pull one of the bulbs out and have not yet pulled out the second bulb.

I have tried placing the new bulb in the empty socket but it just sits there loosely and I can't get the wire tab to secure it.
    I am considering removing the bumper to complete this job.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Removing the bumper is quite easy, you probably only need to do one side, let the bumper hang.......then have access to one side of the light. After you see what you need to do, the other side will be easier and you probably can do it blind.