1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Mudflaps, Molded Dash Applique and Wheel Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by abbydog3, Jan 24, 2007.

1. abbydog3

abbydog3 New Member

New here, been lurking for a few weeks and I just got back from the dealer after test drive in a 2007.

Enjoyed the driving experience and with all luck, will select the '07 Touring, configured almost the way I would like, this week.

I had a few questions that I was hoping yall could answer:

1. Rear Mudflaps, they look like they defeat the purpose of the aero fins. Has anyone removed them? Looks like I could just remove the bolts and the mud flap and replace the bolts.

2. Molded Dash Applique, fake wood trim - sorry for those who I am going to offend, but it not my cup of tea. Has anyone tried to remote the overlay? Is it applied with super strong "Gulf Coast" glue? The only car on the lot with the options I want has this, so I was thinking of taking the car and removing the Applique.

3. Wheel Covers, are they secured with the wheel lug bolts? Worried about them being stolen, if they pop off like wheel covers.

Anyway, great forum and thanks for any input.

Cheers.

2. abbydog3

abbydog3 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abbydog3 @ Jan 24 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]380447[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I just got home with my new prius and now all my questions are answered.

Cheers.

3. NavyScotty

NavyScotty New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, now I'm curious. Any chance I can get you to post the answers to your own questions??? Thanks