1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Non-JBL- "DSP" questiopn

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by funchess, Apr 11, 2007.

1. funchess

funchess New Member

I just purchased a package 2 which has the non-JBL audio system.
    There is an audio option labled "DSP" and has user selectable settings of "Off, Low, Med and High" I believe but I do not hear any differences whith any of these settings.
    (I was guessing that this was some sort of ASL level setting but that's not it)

Any clue as to what this is? The manual is worthless in its description of the "feature".

Thanks in advance.

2. bulek

bulek Junior Member

It is ASL actually. You won't hear the difference if you just click on these options when not driving. Try to set it to "High", floor the gas pedal and hear volume level going up. Then stop the car - volume level will go down automatically.

While the feature is nice to have I found it a bit useless. It seems that alolng with volume it boosts low and high frequencies leaving middle tones behind. With feature switched off the radio sounds better to me. You need to live with manual volume adjusting when driving.

- Piotr

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bulek @ Apr 11 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]421670[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto. When I was driving around an 07 it was killing the quality of the music when I was driving fast.

4. funchess

funchess New Member

Thanks for the explanations guys. I just drove from the SF Bay Area to Palm Springs (8 hour trip) and played with the setting and indeed, it adjusts the volume and EQ levels. Helps in some cases, but sounds bad in others. (Depends on the source material etc.)

-funchess

5. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(funchess @ Apr 12 2007, 08:06 PM) [snapback]422366[/snapback]</div>
    I looked and looked on my Prius... where is this? Is this not on the base?