1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 P0571 new brake light swich, cruise flashing, not resolved.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jmdenali, May 23, 2022.

1. Jmdenali

Jmdenali Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Began to have issues with my cruise control light flashing after using the brake to disengage. Dr Prius app showing a HV Battery code p0571 having to do with faulty brake switch. I had a Toyota shop replace it, seemed to improve, but the problem is still unresolved, same obd2 error!
    I want to k ow if it could be that the aftermarket switch is not recognized by the ecu? Should i have installed an OEM switch? When I have Dr Prius clear the code, everything powers down for a second then it suggests that I might want to diconnect the 12v battery for 5 minuttes, havent done that yet. Any advise?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You can look at this post here for more on what the P0571 is telling you. (That was a Gen 3 post, but it looks like the P0571 code is triggered the same way.)

A few minutes with a multimeter may be helpful in catching why STP and ST1- are ever both below 1 volt at the same time.