1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007, Package 6 has flipped status!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by peakfinder, Sep 22, 2006.

1. peakfinder

peakfinder New Member

Just got an email from my dealer-- Maggie, My 2007 Package 6 Magnetic Gray Prius has fliped from "A" status to "F" status. Does anyone know about how long they take to arrive in Long Beach before it then flips again to "G" status?

Lets see, I can just imagine Maggie in a hold of some large super tanker (Do they make those things in a hybrid?) slowly making it's way across the deep blue Pacific--the constant rolling swells of the ocean, gently rocking my baby back and forth as she makes her way home to me!

Joe

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What are these "statuses" you're talking about?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's some code the dealer used to determine the status of the vehicle - in production, shipping, arrived etc.

4. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So is there a list of these status symbols and what they mean? I don't think it's common knowledge, and would help folks provide an answer to Joe's question.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No. The only reason I know is because another newbie mentioned it and he/she said that A = arrived, P = production etc. I'm assuming S = shipping/en route.

6. peakfinder

peakfinder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Sep 22 2006, 09:54 PM) [snapback]323743[/snapback]</div>

This what my dealer here in Colordao told me the codes mean:

"A" status, the car is in "assembly" in Japan as it progresses, you get the last 8 digits of the VIN

"F" status, the car is in shippment from Japan to its destination county, in my case I assume that would be the LA area someware. I suppose "F" could stand for "fleet."

"G" status is "ground" and the car is route via railhead and or truck to the my local dealer.

I'm thinking F status will last about 2 weeks, and when it flips to G status I better be getting my check book ready!

Joe